Thoughts on Misbourne

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Dollydripmat

Thoughts on Misbourne

Post by Dollydripmat »

Just looking at options if DD2 doesn’t qualify . I was so looking forward to visiting Misbourne the other week , however I was disappointed with the student that was showing us around. She really didn’t engage with the adults and appeared to be happier looking at her phone :? We did ask her questions but mostly she seemed uninterested or didn’t know the answer . Does anyone have a child there that could give a their opinion of the school. Many thanks Dolly ***
Guest55

Re: Thoughts on Misbourne

Post by Guest55 »

The well-respected Head has just retired ... I will PM you.
MrsChubbs

Post by MrsChubbs »

I don't have a child there but I do have a number of friends with children there who are very happy (as are their parents). Did you go round during the day? You get the best idea about a school that way. Surprised she was on her phone though, I should imagine she was instructed not to be when conducting a tour. Sounds like you were unlucky with your guide.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Sometimes a change of Head can be very positive. I've heard that Princes Risborough is improving rapidly under new leadership. It's now part of a MAT with Sir Henry Floyd GS.
Dollydripmat

Post by Dollydripmat »

Thank you Mrs Chubbs , I’m sure she wasn’t instructed to be in her phone , just a shame as the GS’s we visited the Guides were very engaging and we had interesting conversations with them. I’m sure we were unlucky with Misbourne. I have made an appointment on one of the open mornings, as I do agree you get a better feel for the school.

Sadly we are quite a distance from Risborough. I’ve also heard it’s getting better. Dolly xx
trudie

Post by trudie »

Dear Dollydripmat

I have so many friends and acquaintances with children at the Misbourne, or who have recently gone on to university or work from there. Universally it is a good story. Really everyone I know has gone on to achieve admirable things, and to be happy.

I think you had an unfortunate experience. If I had been asked, as a teenager, to show peeps around my tremendous school, I may have stared at my phone, or in those distant days, my bitten nails, or a folded up poster of David Cassidy ( :D ) or ... well I would have found something.

Best of luck for Friday. Either way for us, we will be very happy with grammar or Misbourne.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now