Views on High Wycombe Upper Schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
anotherdad

Re: Views on High Wycombe Upper Schools

Post by anotherdad »

Not just teachers supervising children, either. AGS and AHS often have a teacher outside in Turnfurlong to deal with the idiotic parental driving and occasional road rage that goes on. I'm amazed that there hasn't been a serious incident along there, with parents mounting pavements, pulling up in dangerous positions to drop kids off and driving through the school car park to do the same, even though it's prohibited. Why they can't drop them off a few hundred yards away where it's safer and much quieter, I don't know.
Dollydripmat

Post by Dollydripmat »

A friends DD just started at Misbourne and is really enjoying it. From your description of area I think she will live quite close to you. She didn’t get into HGSS, had Misbourne as second choice , SWR as third. She started at SWR and hated it (that was her words not mine) She was in the 40’s on the waiting list for Misbourne , after two days at SWR, she got a place at Misbourne and as I said is loving it. Dolly xx
Wycombe Mum

Post by Wycombe Mum »

Thanks to all for your views - really useful.

Green Gekho - thanks so much for all your points about HGSS and SWR - it's great to know a bit of the "word on the street". I agree so much that a lot can change about a school over the course of a few years (certainly over the course of 7 years) and you won't really know what it's like until you get there (or rather until your child gets there), so this choosing lark is all a bit of a gamble. (That probably applies equally to GS as to upper schools...)

Dolly - do you know exactly what your friend's DD didn't like about SWR? She must have had a strong dislike to be so convinced after just 2 days! :shock: The Misbourne will be on our list, but it's a bit of a trek so won't be in the top two spots.

As for my DS, he still doesn't have a firm preference. We're just mulling it all over at the moment - the CAF form will be a job for half-term. :wink: