No 11 plus results yet for a Milton Keynes school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Bepositive

No 11 plus results yet for a Milton Keynes school

Post by Bepositive »

Hi
I just found out that none of the children in my ds school got the results yet. (nearly 16 of them). Any particular reasons?
Thanks
anotherdad

Re: No 11 plus results yet for a Milton Keynes school

Post by anotherdad »

All their post is late? Seems unlikely though. Are they likely to get a place anyway? Much of MK is too far away from the Aylesbury and Buckingham grammar schools.
Bepositive

Post by Bepositive »

Yes, parents talked today after school and none of them got the results. Very strange!! Some of the children are very capable including my ds. He was getting 85-90% in his mock. Last year and the year before some of the children from the same school went to RLS and to Aylesbury.

We are 0.4 miles OOC to RLS :( from last year’s straight line distance.
We are 8.48 miles. If it was 2017, we were in catchment!!

If my ds passes ( I can’t believe we are still waiting for the results), I will only choose RLS or else Denbigh.

Any idea of 2019 allocation distance???
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Bepositive wrote:Yes, parents talked today after school and none of them got the results. Very strange!! Some of the children are very capable including my ds. He was getting 85-90% in his mock. Last year and the year before some of the children from the same school went to RLS and to Aylesbury.

We are 0.4 miles OOC to RLS :( from last year’s straight line distance.

If my ds passes ( I can’t believe we are still waiting for the results), I will only choose RLS or else Denbigh.

Any idea of 2019 allocation distance???
No-one will know the allocation distances for 2019 yet - applications haven't been processed yet, nor any places allocated.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Bepositive wrote:We are 0.4 miles OOC to RLS :( from last year’s straight line distance.
Sorry I think you mean allocation distances - the catchment area doesn't change.

You can check that here: http://www.royallatin.org/images/Prospe ... ne2017.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

At 8.48 miles you are going to face an anxious wait. In three of the last six years you wouldn't have been allocated a place and the general trend over the last three years is a tightening of the radius, probably due to increased housebuilding and competition in the area. If I were a betting man I'd say you're likely to miss out. If you prepare for that eventuality then if it does work out for you you will be pleasantly surprised.

All of this is moot until you get your result, of course!