House move getting delayed ..

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
anotherdad

Re: House move getting delayed ..

Post by anotherdad »

Sometimes the only thing that will speed things up is an ultimatum or a bribe. Tell them if you cannot exchange and complete by 31st October the whole thing's off or that you will reduce your offer. Or that if they can, you'll up your offer. It all depends how desperate you are to secure the address in time.
Last edited by anotherdad on Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CrazyStar

Post by CrazyStar »

ToadMum wrote:A bit late for being in before 31st October, probably (although some posters seem pretty confident of achieving it), but you could pull the plug on your purchase and rent for a while?

That was my last choice. Looks like that's the only choice :(

Our buyers are in a hurry too as they don't want to pay rent anymore.

I am literally in soup :(
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Ok, with the clock ticking, you'll need to secure a rental property ASAP and make sure you have evidence of it being your permanent home, which is usually confirmation that child benefit is registered to that address and that you're registered at the local doctors' surgery.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

When do you get the Slough results? In all honesty, I think Bucks is a non starter for this first round.
CrazyStar

Post by CrazyStar »

anotherdad wrote:Ok, with the clock ticking, you'll need to secure a rental property ASAP and make sure you have evidence of it being your permanent home, which is usually confirmation that child benefit is registered to that address and that you're registered at the local doctors' surgery.

Thank you. Will speak to the same estate agent tomorrow itself and ask them to help .
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Have you got a primary place arranged in Bucks for the rest of year six or will you commute into Harrow for school (and work, perhaps?)
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Slough results? Who knows? I would have expected them this week, but none of the Berks school know when results are coming back so are not in a position to tell parents either.

I’m expecting the back end of this week, but I did think Slough would be last Friday.
CrazyStar

Post by CrazyStar »

Thank you all so very much for sharing ideas and wisdom.

Hopefully with god's grace either the price bribe or rent a property should work. Will update the progress here.

Prayers for everyone.

Thanks a lot again :)
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

You need a Bucks address to get a Primary place - vacancies here: https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/services/edu ... vacancies/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you PM me roughly where you want to live then I'll give an opinion about the schools near there with Year 6 places - otherwise it'll need to be an appeal.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

You're welcome and thank you. I'm sure God will be looking out for all her 10 year olds equally when school allocations come round.
Last edited by anotherdad on Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.