Bucks School- OOC

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Naushad

Bucks School- OOC

Post by Naushad »

Hello Guys,
I need help here, We got a qualifying score (score edited out by Moderator) in Bucks, however we are OOC. Is there any school in bucks where I can apply for a place for my DD? Please suggest.
Thanks
anotherdad

Re: Bucks School- OOC

Post by anotherdad »

Please remove your score, it’s unnecessary.

Did you check how the Bucks system works before you entered the process? I see you also put your daughter through tests in Surrey, Hertfordshire and Berkshire. Where do you live?
Naushad

Post by Naushad »

Sure, I live in Hampshire, there is only one school in the catchment where she did not score enough to get a place. That is the reason I am looking for all the options. The worst thing is, in our county, we can put only three options hence I am in a deep confusion. Also happy to move if we get a place somewhere.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Naushad wrote:Sure, I live in Hampshire, there is only one school in the catchment where she did not score enough to get a place. That is the reason I am looking for all the options. The worst thing is, in our county, we can put only three options hence I am in a deep confusion. Also happy to move if we get a place somewhere.
I thought you were in catchment for Kendrick, your DDs kendrick score is borderline but could well get you a place, if that’s what you are referring to.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Naushad

I am almost despairing that you didn't look at the Bucks system more closely before putting your DD through the test.

For Bucks, there is a fixed qualification mark of 121. Beyond that, school places are allocated (other than for exceptions such as siblings) on distance from school gates.

To receive a place in the first round of allocations, you would need to be permanently resident in Bucks by 31st October. That just isn't achievable now. For the second and subsequent rounds there are few if any places available.

I know that Bucks CC contacted all out-of-county applicants to make these points clear at the start of the summer. Did you receive and read that email?

I apologise if I seem critical, but you are just one of many posters who have come on here since Friday to ask the same question, and I really do want to understand why you felt that Bucks was an option from so far away, and why the details of the system in Bucks didn't register.

If you prefer not to post on the open forum, you are welcome to PM me instead. I would be glad to hear from you.

Sally-Anne
Naushad

Post by Naushad »

Appreciate your response. Many thanks.
Naushad

Post by Naushad »

Tinkers wrote:
Naushad wrote:Sure, I live in Hampshire, there is only one school in the catchment where she did not score enough to get a place. That is the reason I am looking for all the options. The worst thing is, in our county, we can put only three options hence I am in a deep confusion. Also happy to move if we get a place somewhere.
I thought you were in catchment for Kendrick, your DDs kendrick score is borderline but could well get you a place, if that’s what you are referring to.
Yes, it is in the catchment. I will put that in my CAF, next week. Apologies for posting duplicate queries, however, this time is very restless and giving headache due to limitations of selection process across counties. Thanks
loopylala

Post by loopylala »

Naushad wrote:giving headache due to limitations of selection process across counties. Thanks
:?
Blue_Marigold

Post by Blue_Marigold »

Naushad wrote:Sure, I live in Hampshire........Also happy to move if we get a place somewhere.
Lots of people are saying they are happy to move to wherever their child gets a place. It’s quite sweet in a way to put your child’s needs before your own but I think having a happy stable home life is very important to their over all wellbeing. Having parents who are stressed from long commutes will not be good for them in the long run. Every person in the family is equally important and whatever decision you make, you will have to take your own well-being into account.
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

My sister is in Hampshire (Fleet) and I was very surprised to find that she is in catchment for Kendrick!
It would take a minimum of 1 hour to get there from her house, probably more.