2020 Admissions Policies: Consultations

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
scary mum

Re: 2020 Admissions Policies: Consultations

Post by scary mum »

Wycombe High are also planning to extend their "B" catchment area into Berkshire, consultation document here

It seems very strange for these schools (JHGS & WHS) to extend their catchments into Berkshire rather than South Bucks. Admittedly the girls in South Bucks currently have a choice of mixed or girls only, but the boys officially only have the choice of mixed.
scary mum
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

John Hampden's B area will now include Farnham Common & Stoke Poges following the consultation.

http://www.jhgs.bucks.sch.uk/124/admissions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scary mum
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

Does anyone have a link to the old JHGS catchment? I am just curious but I can't find a link.
SchoolSeeker

Post by SchoolSeeker »

Guest55 wrote:All Bucks students who qualify will get a GS place somewhere - I can't see why you are worried. The qualification '121' won't alter ..

Do you live in Bucks?
Is this likely to be true for 2022 entry as well? I am looking to move to Aylesbury and bit worried that living 2/3 miles away from school might hurt the chances as there could be potentially more students living well within that?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Allocations usually go out much further than that for this school. Of course there are no guarantees.
scary mum