Transport from Watford to Dr Challoner's High School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

jingo21

Transport from Watford to Dr Challoner's High School

Post by jingo21 »

Hi

Does anyone travelling from Watford to Dr Challoner's High School ? if so can please let me know how is journey?

Thanks
scary mum

Re: Transport from Watford to Dr Challoner's High School

Post by scary mum »

Whereabouts in Watford are you? I imagine that will make a difference. And how far in a straight line distance from the school?
scary mum
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

9n March 1st this year, the allocation for DCHS was:

All applicants offered under rule 2 (catchment Pupil Premium), rule 3 (daughters of staff), rule 4{5} (catchment siblings) rule 4 (catchment), rule 5(sibling) and some allocation under rule 7 (distance) to 7.023 miles

Subsequent rounds of allocation seem only to have placed late applicants from higher criteria.

https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/services/edu ... ol-places/
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
jingo21

Post by jingo21 »

Whereabouts in Watford are you? I imagine that will make a difference. And how far in a straight line distance from the school?
in google maps its showing 7.1 mile straight line distance.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

You are right on the edge (just outside by the sound of it) of the distance for last year & the year before. In 2019 the distance went to only 1.963 miles on March 1st.
If you can afford to use a place on your CAF go ahead, but I wouldn't bank on a place. There probably aren't many people to answer your query as traditionally the distance hasn't gone as far as that.
Just make sure you also have a school on your CAF that you are reasonably sure of getting.
scary mum
jingo21

Post by jingo21 »

scary mum wrote:You are right on the edge (just outside by the sound of it) of the distance for last year & the year before. In 2019 the distance went to only 1.963 miles on March 1st.
If you can afford to use a place on your CAF go ahead, but I wouldn't bank on a place. There probably aren't many people to answer your query as traditionally the distance hasn't gone as far as that.
Just make sure you also have a school on your CAF that you are reasonably sure of getting.
Sure, Thanks for all your advice.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now