GL Buck Exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Andy_Dad

GL Buck Exam

Post by Andy_Dad »

Hello, re: the GL test, i understand the 50,25,25% split in the new style exam. However, can anyone tell me how many Questions/Marks there are in each paper? My assumption is is 100 marks per paper and you need to get 121/200 to be deemed as selective.

Apols if this has already been asked.

Best,

Andy.
Tinkers

Re: GL Buck Exam

Post by Tinkers »

121 is a standardised score and isn’t out of anything as such. You can’t try and convert to a raw score or percentage.

I believe there may also be late sitters for the Bucks test, as the same test is used throughout the academic year.

Therefore *dons mod hat*

Pleae do not discuss test details, including content, question types, number of questions, timings etc. This may benefit late sitters, therefore disadvantaging yours.
mm23292

Post by mm23292 »

I’m looking for information on this also, there doesn’t seem to be much out there! Now the 2018 test has passed, does anyone know what the general format is in terms of number of questions and time per each paper? It’s been a long time since my eldest took the test. The days of 80 questions..learn the tricks and aim for 70+...all seems so much simpler by comparison! Given this is a new test provider, is there any feedback yet on how more effective this selection process is likely to be? Is it likely to favour the inherently able or the fervently tutored?
Also with regards to time pressure, I have heard the new GL format is considered far more time pressured, does anyone know whether this is the case? Our youngest has high ability in terms of school performance, cognitive ability tests etc..but has slow processing due to visual tracking issues, so this is a big concern. Any information on this would be much appreciated, thank you!
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

The same test can be used for the rest of the academic year, so no details can be released yet.
lea2124

Post by lea2124 »

This was us last year, not knowing what to expect with the test being new. We had absolutely no idea. I now believe that is the best way. A truer reflection on the cohort perhaps? All you can do is do practise tests, read lots and make sure they are at the Greater depth in each subject because if you do have to go down a selection review this will be needed.
We were not given a raw score (no one ever is). Just the weighted scores and then they are added together to get the overall score.
Good luck.
mm23292

Post by mm23292 »

That is understandable, thank you. The old test certainly seemed more ‘transparent’, but I guess that was not always the best leveller..will be interesting to see how things have changed!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now