What is the cut off marks for buckinghamshire?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

drummer

Re: What is the cut off marks for buckinghamshire?

Post by drummer »

What an infuriating thread. From the original poster who receives but apparently doesn't read the emails from Bucks (which along with the detailed guidance on the BCC website explain everything you need to know) to someone asking for help in defrauding a Bucks child of a place at their preferred school.

And if even these OOC children don't get a place, or choose not to bother applying now that they realise for example that they can't actually get the child to and from the school etc. they have all pushed a Bucks child (who doesn't have the choice of going a comprehensive school) out of qualifying.

Why, oh why won't the Bucks grammar schools exclude OOC children from the standardisation process so that Bucks children who ought to qualify aren't pushed out by the inflation caused by hyper-prepared OOCs many of whom have no chance or intention of attending Bucks schools.
mad?

Post by mad? »

drummer wrote:What an infuriating thread.
Indeed it is :( .
mad?
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

As Guest55 keeps saying, it is actually 2 Bucks children that will have missed a place :-( Multiply that by the amount of posts I have seen on here this year and that is a lot of DCs who maybe aren't going to the school they should have been destined for.
drummer

Post by drummer »

BucksBornNBred wrote:As Guest55 keeps saying, it is actually 2 Bucks children that will have missed a place :-( Multiply that by the amount of posts I have seen on here this year and that is a lot of DCs who maybe aren't going to the school they should have been destined for.
Indeed. In this thread alone, two Bucks children who are sufficiently able to do well at a GS have been pushed out.

I wish we could have access to the data that would allow us to calculate how many Bucks children this has happened to. And, just to be clear, I am not against OOC children taking up places that are left, but they should't be pushing out sufficiently able children who don't have the choice of a comprehensive to fall back on.
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

drummer wrote:
BucksBornNBred wrote:As Guest55 keeps saying, it is actually 2 Bucks children that will have missed a place :-( Multiply that by the amount of posts I have seen on here this year and that is a lot of DCs who maybe aren't going to the school they should have been destined for.
Indeed. In this thread alone, two Bucks children who are sufficiently able to do well at a GS have been pushed out.

I wish we could have access to the data that would allow us to calculate how many Bucks children this has happened to. And, just to be clear, I am not against OOC children taking up places that are left, but they should't be pushing out sufficiently able children who don't have the choice of a comprehensive to fall back on.
+1
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

drummer - for each tourist at least two Bucks children miss out as 1 in 3 qualify. I think it's actually worse than that in some areas like Aylesbury Vale where about 25% of the locals qualify.
drummer

Post by drummer »

This is completely unfair, particularly in an area where the system is entirely grammar/upper. We need to keep the pressure on BCC (via the select committees etc.) and on the Bucks grammar schools collective to address this matter properly, and the only fair way I can see to do that is to exclude all OOC children from the initial standardisation process. I can't see any justification for not doing so.
drummer

Post by drummer »

And just to illustrate the problem. I went to visit a very highly regarded upper school that is rightly proud of its excellent results. I really liked it. It's a large school and offers an amazing breadth of courses and did some subjects, IMO, much better than some of the local grammars (music, art etc.). But, because of timetabling issues you couldn't take History and Geography and a language for GCSE, a combination that many more academically minded pupils would want to take. A really comprehensive school wouldn't have such limitations.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now