What is the cut off marks for buckinghamshire?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Syed

Re: What is the cut off marks for buckinghamshire?

Post by Syed »

Syed wrote:Hi I might be irrelevant to the topic but my DD has passed bucks n unfortunately we are Out of catchment to bucks can one of the parent move with the child into catchment area..wat would be the deadline for move . Is renting an option ???while the other parent stay where they are at the moment ??? As my other kids r too small n moving in a rush altogether is a hassle. Plz help !
It’s not the way ppl are picking up at my point we live in an area which is neither in catchment to Herts grammar nor to bucks only school near us is Parmiter’s my dd got gud score there in herts as well but I ve researched even Parmiter’s can deny place ... we spent 2 -3 yrs of preparation for both tests. Our area has all average schools hoping for your children a good future is not objectionable ...
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Syed - there are no 'good' comprehensives in Bucks - in fact there are no comprehensives at all.
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

My DD2 did not pass the 11 plus. She tried her best but was not quick enough to outperform the many tutored children from out of area. Their (totally unrealistic) entries each pushed up the pass mark further away from her, and we decided not to appeal because she has SEN and the uncertainty and time delay would have caused her significant anxiety: I was not willing to put her through that to chase a GS place for the sake of it.
This isn’t all bad: she is very happy and doing well in the school she ended up in, but every day I see children driven in by parents past our house to get to the local grammar and I know my DD was just as deserving of that place but due to the system abuse she didn’t have a chance to show that.
loopylala

Post by loopylala »

Syed wrote:I ve researched even Parmiter’s can deny place
Parmiters offers 3 non-catchment places.

So you spend 2-3 years preparing your DD for the tests but didn't think to use that time to relocate your whole family to be in catchement for those schools?
Amber

Post by Amber »

Are you convinced that everyone on here is a serious poster? Trolls do appear on here from time to time. Just saying. :)
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

That’s possible, of course Amber. But if sharing my real experience of a real child denied a grammar school place while living within ten minute’s walking distance of a grammar school, can bring home to all the “we only live 30 miles away and have every right” parents that they are depriving other real children of a place and ONE parent decides not to put their DC in for Bucks unnecessarily, then two local Bucks kids will get 121 rather than 120.75, and get the GS place they deserve, it will have been worth posting.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Sure Aethel. I didn't mean you. :D I think most of us have every sympathy with people like you who are displaced by adventurers who don't care about anyone else's children, and seem to have a wanton disregard for the needs of their own, sometimes, too.
Dollydripmat

Post by Dollydripmat »

Aethel wrote:That’s possible, of course Amber. But if sharing my real experience of a real child denied a grammar school place while living within ten minute’s walking distance of a grammar school, can bring home to all the “we only live 30 miles away and have every right” parents that they are depriving other real children of a place and ONE parent decides not to put their DC in for Bucks unnecessarily, then two local Bucks kids will get 121 rather than 120.75, and get the GS place they deserve, it will have been worth posting.

I completely echo your your thoughts. I’ve just sat at DD2 extra curricular activity listening to the parents (all from different schools) with many of their very able cohort displaced by not qualifying and facing the stress of a review and a waiting game of 4 months. Having been there myself with DD1 it’s torture. Dolly xx
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Syed wrote:
Syed wrote:Hi I might be irrelevant to the topic but my DD has passed bucks n unfortunately we are Out of catchment to bucks can one of the parent move with the child into catchment area..wat would be the deadline for move . Is renting an option ???while the other parent stay where they are at the moment ??? As my other kids r too small n moving in a rush altogether is a hassle. Plz help !
It’s not the way ppl are picking up at my point we live in an area which is neither in catchment to Herts grammar nor to bucks only school near us is Parmiter’s my dd got gud score there in herts as well but I ve researched even Parmiter’s can deny place ... we spent 2 -3 yrs of preparation for both tests. Our area has all average schools hoping for your children a good future is not objectionable ...
Syed, if you are not a troll, then I will say this - if you genuinely wanted a Bucks place and were genuinely looking to move (although it would be more genuine if you have done it a few years ago ready to take the test), then people would grudgingly support you. The fact that you have laid out that you effectively plan to commit address fraud - by renting in the area, whilst the rest of your family stay where they are - to try and "buck" the system (excuse the pun) is what is upsetting so many local Bucks families! Whether you intend to commit address fraud or not, it is fraud, and the Admissions people will require evidence that you have disposed of your other house - so you will have to work out what to do with any other children you have/where they will go to Primary school. Either move and apply to Bucks schools, or don't and go local.

Yes parents want a good future for their schools, but wanting a good future for your child whilst being very questionable with the residents rules that are clearly stated on all the school websites, at the expense of trampling over local children who have done absolutely nothing wrong and lived in the right place (sometimes all their lives) does not illicit a huge amount of sympathy!
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

+1 KCG.