House move to Bucks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hello198012

Re: House move to Bucks

Post by hello198012 »

Guest55 wrote:I think the area you are planning to move is not a sensible one - which Upper {secondary moderns] have you looked at? JHGS and RGS are very different too ...
We visted both RGS and JHGS for open evenings/Mornings. My DC liked RGS very much and we all liked it too.

So that would be our first choice if my DC pass the exam. We will be moving within RGS catchment.

The Upper schools we are considering (for fall back) are :

Cressex Community School or Holmer Green Senior School

Hope this makes sense.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Which primaries have places around your new home? What are the rules about moving primary schools in-year?

Have you visited Cressex or HGSS? You need to do that before you move ...
hello198012

Post by hello198012 »

Guest55 wrote:Which primaries have places around your new home? What are the rules about moving primary schools in-year?

Have you visited Cressex or HGSS? You need to do that before you move ...
We are still finding the house and hence dont know which primary school the council will allocate.

Council asked me to produce the council tax first in order to consider seat allocation, so my first priority is to finalise the house.

We haven't visited Cressex or HGSS but we will do this next year only.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

It is very risky - there are some Primary schools you may not want around High Wycombe. I think it would have been wise to check out the Uppers too; neither of those are particularly popular.
qwerty

Post by qwerty »

You can see a very recent list of primary schools with places here:

https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/services/edu ... vacancies/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I thought some school admission policies (SWBGS for example) don't allow one to own a rental house within twenty miles of the school so do read the admission policies of the schools you are interested in.
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

Guest55 wrote:It is very risky - there are some Primary schools you may not want around High Wycombe. I think it would have been wise to check out the Uppers too; neither of those are particularly popular.
Cressex has actually been really oversubscribed the last couple of years from memory only allocating to 1.x miles. It’s always going to struggle to shake off its previous image but is achieving fantastic things.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I think that's down to the good Ofsted and the poor rep of some HW schools and PRS.
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

Guest55 wrote:I think that's down to the good Ofsted and the poor rep of some HW schools and PRS.
Yes this does have an effect. I also think they have some great staff and have achieved some fantastic progress with students. People are now actively choosing to send children there rather then ending up there because they couldn’t get in elsewhere. The only downside is that the curriculum is still limited in terms of MFL options and no dance / drama / music to GCSE BUT what they do, they do well.

Edited to add Bucks list says Cressex is full in all years.
hello198012

Post by hello198012 »

Dear All,
Further to the above discussion, we are looking for the house in "Holmer Green" (between Holmer schools).

Unfortunately the RGS catchment map is not clearly telling whether the street we are looking at is included in the catchment or not.

The main reason we are moving is for RGS and hence it is important to take the house which is definitely in the catchment

Question
Is there a better map available (with Zoom in to the street level not the area level) ?
Or is there a place we can check whether the street we are looking at is falls in the catchment.

Many thanks for your continued help.
Blue_Marigold

Post by Blue_Marigold »

Here is a link which might help...

https://services.buckscc.gov.uk/school- ... ols/136484" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is a map of the catchment for RGS and it’s very clear and you can zoom in. To make the map show up, you have to click the word Secondary above the map.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now