(Another) consultation on home to school transport

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Guest55

(Another) consultation on home to school transport

Post by Guest55 »

I was alerted to this article by a friend and thought people might want to be aware.

"Bucks County Council is launching a consultation later this month after announcing that the finances supporting its home to school transport are causing 'serious problems.'

The ten week consultation launches on Wednesday October 31 and will seek feedback on options to alter the service as the council needs to cut costs."

https://www.bucksherald.co.uk/news/leve ... -1-8678649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scary mum

Re: (Another) consultation on home to school transport

Post by scary mum »

Oh great. Some of the children in Farnham Common are not able to get on the school bus because there are no spaces/the local school is now deemed to be Khalsa and the local bus company have cancelled the public bus. This happened over the summer when people had accepted places & some of them thought they literally had no way of getting to school with parents working or no car etc. One suggestion was to walk from Beaconsfield to the service station on the M40. I'm all for children walking but I wouldn't want to walk across the roundabout above junction 2 of the M40!
Typo edited
Last edited by scary mum on Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scary mum
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

There have been problems in and around Aylesbury this summer. Arriva made changes to their routes and timetables and at one point there looked to be no service to Wing for Cottesloe school or to Wendover for John Colet at school times. Again, the changes were made at short notice well after parents had made their choices and been allocated schools.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Do share and when/if I find the consultation I'll post a link.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now