Schools near DCHS for CAF

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
scary mum

Re: Schools near DCHS for CAF

Post by scary mum »

You need to look at the schools yourself if you are in the local area to do so. How would we know what is best for your daughter?
Where will she go to school after half term?
scary mum
mumsri123

Post by mumsri123 »

mm23292 wrote:Not another one?! :roll:
Do you have no shame?? You are asking questions about the schools in our area, because you know absolutely nothing about them yourself, and are obviously county hopping to play the system.
I had thought it was strange, there have been so many posters asking similar questions, and with similar ‘grammatical style’, I had started to wonder if they were one and the same. But it would seem not. As for the ‘paying guest’ reference. How laughable.
There must be a growing trend for houses being rented out as multiple occupancy in prime Bucks catchment areas, to ‘paying guests’ such as this. Must be quite a business for some. Do BCC ever look beyond the basics when people move like this? Surely there are more checks done than ticking off a few utility bills?
Hi mm23292, honestly not holding multiple addresses here. I was in this area before having an understanding of the grammar schools and after attending the open days for few schools now trying to opt for the best possible what we think together. I am very surprised with this response. You can PM me and I can explain my situation.
mad?

Post by mad? »

I'm sure Anotherdad can speak for himself but here is what is bugging me if it helps.
mumsri123 wrote:Hi anotherdad, I don't understand what's the problem here. My daughter is more interested in DCHS school and so moved in there.
I find it remarkable that you have managed to choose an area, find a house, sort council tax/utilities/child benefit address etc in one week.
mumsri123 wrote: So moved into Slough area knowing more schools in this area and started understanding about the Grammar schools. Now wanted better school for my daughter as everyone does.
No everyone does not. It is highly questionable which is the better school and I think many posters will find it implausible that you are so talented to be able to move so miraculously through the property market at speed but are unable to research schools and locations at an appropriate time, relying on the goodwill of strangers on the internet instead.
Speaking of goodwill I notice when you first started asking for help, many people offered advice and support. Regardless of everything else I would venture to suggest that the odd thank you would not go amiss.
Last edited by mad? on Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
mad?
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Thanks mad? You've summed up how I would have replied.

mumsri123 has PM'd me and I have replied. Our conversation hasn't changed my view.
Amber

Post by Amber »

I agree with mad? Someone so talented at navigating the vagaries of house moves - estate agents, utility bills, GP registrations, post, electoral register etc, should be making a fortune from advising others how to do it all so fast, rather than asking strangers about schools which were the reason for moving in the first place. I know after I moved house last time I swore I would never do it again as it was so stressful and it certainly took a lot longer than a week. I am sure there is a market for advisers like the OP to organise it all for others, who would gratefully pay to have the logistics so smoothly arranged in such short time.

Meanwhile, surely someone as talented and efficient as this must be able to find out which schools can be put on a CAF, having looked at more or less all of them in the South East- that would be 5 minutes work for someone of this calibre. If not, you could always ring the council and ask for their advice?
Confused11.1

Post by Confused11.1 »

mad? wrote:I'm sure Anotherdad can speak for himself but here is what is bugging me if it helps.
mumsri123 wrote:Hi anotherdad, I don't understand what's the problem here. My daughter is more interested in DCHS school and so moved in there.
I find it remarkable that you have managed to choose an area, find a house, sort council tax/utilities/child benefit address etc in one week.
mumsri123 wrote: So moved into Slough area knowing more schools in this area and started understanding about the Grammar schools. Now wanted better school for my daughter as everyone does.
No everyone does not. It is highly questionable which is the better school and I think many posters will find it implausible that you are so talented to be able to move so miraculously through the property market at speed but are unable to research schools and locations at an appropriate time, relying on the goodwill of strangers on the internet instead.
Speaking of goodwill I notice when you first started asking for help, many people offered advice and support. Regardless of everything else I would venture to suggest that the odd thank you would not go amiss.
Whilst this is an obvious example of gaming, but to be fair, this is a reflection of the poor state of comprehensive education system.

The 4 Berks schools have an extra 500 candidates this year and the Bucks schools appear to have capacity - based on the catchment rules as well as the fact that some bucks schools cherry pick of high calibre children...I can see why Bucks schools are more desirable for parents who want good education for their children and their children are capable.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

What do you mean by Bucks schools cherry picking high calibre children? They have to follow their admissions criteria.
scary mum
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Confused11.1 wrote: the fact that some bucks schools cherry pick of high calibre children...I can see why Bucks schools are more desirable for parents who want good education for their children and their children are capable.
No they don't - anyone with 121 pr over has qualified, higher scores are not relevant.
RobertBucks

Post by RobertBucks »

Many of these OOC parents have outstanding schools on their doorstep, especially places like Harrow etc. Seems to be some kind of bragging rights that their kids go to grammar etc.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Confused11.1 wrote:Whilst this is an obvious example of gaming, but to be fair, this is a reflection of the poor state of comprehensive education system.

The 4 Berks schools have an extra 500 candidates this year and the Bucks schools appear to have capacity - based on the catchment rules as well as the fact that some bucks schools cherry pick of high calibre children...I can see why Bucks schools are more desirable for parents who want good education for their children and their children are capable.
I think you're confused. How do you draw the conclusion that Bucks schools have capacity? How are they cherry-picking children? A child with a score of "only" 121 will get a place if they're in catchment whereas someone miles away with a score of 200 won't. If they could cherry-pick, surely they'd choose by score?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now