Grammar School Places

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Dad40

Post by Dad40 »

Don't forget OOC Dad, these distances are interim distances. Put another way: this is just the first round of allocations.

Allocation zones tend to widen a bit between now and September and so others (generally those on waiting lists who are the next closest to the school) get picked up.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi OOC Dad

Marylou is quite right - 8.125 miles - a typing error from me. My apologies!

"Out of area" implies "out of catchment", and given the shape of the RLS catchment area, is likely to mean "out of County" - probably areas around the "neck" of the catchment area.

You should definitely go on the waiting list. There can be a tremendous amount of movement in the numbers over the next few months, and half a mile suggests that you would probably be quite high on the list.

AGS was:

"All catchment boys offered, out area siblings and some out area boys to a distance of 10.014 miles".

(And I've double-checkd that distance! :wink: )

Sally-Anne
out of county dad

Post by out of county dad »

Thanks

Here's the actual doc.

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/bcc/get/asset ... rofile.pdf

All the best
out of county dad

Post by out of county dad »

Thanks Sally-Anne
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Hi OCCD - I've just PM'd you again! In a nutshell, I agree with everything Dad40 and Sally Anne have said - it's only half a mile so go for it! :)

Best of luck.
PR Mum

Post by PR Mum »

Apologies for being a bit stupid here but my post man has gone Awol this morning and having checked the allocation profiles I just want to clarify something, when the allocation is offered to some out of area up to x distance, does this mean that all within that distance, including out of county applicants are offered?
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Yes PR Mum, as I understand it the allocation process has to treat non-catchment applicants the same whether they are in or out of county.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Yes, PR Mum.

Bucks are not allowed to give priority to Bucks children who live beyond the catchment area for the school.

As Etienne wrote a while back:
The Greenwich Judgement of 1989 established that LA schools may not give priority to children simply because of the fact that they live in the authority's administrative area. (This does not mean that admission authorities cannot use certain oversubscription criteria, such as the catchment area rule which is permitted under the Rotherham judgement of 1997.)
Sally-Anne
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now