When should we move to Aylesbury grammar catchment

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tech607

When should we move to Aylesbury grammar catchment

Post by tech607 »

Hi All,

we are living in Milton Keynes.
My son is in Year 4, he is currently preparing for 11+.

we are thinking of moving into the catchment.
Some people say I should be living in the catchment 2 years before 11+ exam
Some say I can move after my passes 11+

Can someone guide me on this? Is there any website where I can find by when I should be living in the catchment?

Thank you
ToadMum

Re: When should we move to Aylesbury grammar catchment

Post by ToadMum »

tech607 wrote:Hi All,

we are living in Milton Keynes.
My son is in Year 4, he is currently preparing for 11+.

we are thinking of moving into the catchment.
Some people say I should be living in the catchment 2 years before 11+ exam
Some say I can move after my passes 11+

Can someone guide me on this? Is there any website where I can find by when I should be living in the catchment?

Thank you
The Bucks CC website?

Should have details of all the schools' admissions criteria, or at least links to them.

Or look under 'Admissions' on the individual schools' websites.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Deb70

Post by Deb70 »

https://www.ags.bucks.sch.uk/wp-content ... r-2018.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's good that you're thinking about this now rather than after the test!
tech607

Post by tech607 »

Hi Deb,

Thank you for sharing the pdf. There is information about the catchment, but there is no information about by when I should be moving into the catchment. Are there any other sources to find this information?
Deb70

Post by Deb70 »

tech607 wrote:Hi Deb,

Thank you for sharing the pdf. There is information about the catchment, but there is no information about by when I should be moving into the catchment. Are there any other sources to find this information?
There is that information. It says you have to live in the catchment by 31st October on the year you apply and have continually lived there (and still live there) until 31st October on the year of starting at the school. It also says what criteria have to me met for it to be considered as the child's main residence.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Oversubscription Criteria for Year 7

4.1. Where qualifying applications for admission exceed the number of places available, places
will be allocated in the following order of priority:
5.1.1. Looked after boys and previously looked after boys .
5.1.2. Boys who are eligible for free school meals as at the application deadline.
5.1.3. Siblings of boys who will be on roll of Aylesbury Grammar School at the date of the
applicant boy's entry to Year 7 in September.
5.1.4. Siblings (as defined above) of girls who will be on roll of Aylesbury High School at the
date of the applicant boy's entry to Year 7 in September.
5.1.5. Siblings (as defined above) of boys who have previously been on the roll of Aylesbury Grammar School.
5.1.6. Boys who have exceptional medical or social needs which can only be met at Aylesbury Grammar School, and no other school, where their application for admission is supported by written evidence from a doctor, social worker, educational welfare officer or other appropriately qualified person confirming this.
5.1.7. Boys living in the catchment area of the school as at and continuously from 31October of the year preceding entry to Year 7 in September.
5.1.8. All other boys.

The Applicant’s Home Address
6.1. The applicant boy's home address will be the residential address of his parent at which he
lives and sleeps for more than 50% of his time from Sunday night to Thursday night during
term time (unless it is accommodation at a boarding school). It will be the address that is
registered for the purpose of receiving Child Benefit (if eligible) and where the applicant boy
is registered with his GP, dentist and optician. Where there is an issue as to the applicant
boy's home address, documentary evidence will be requested.
6.2. The applicant boy must be living at the home address as at the application deadline, and it is
intended that he will still be living there at the date of entry to the school. Any change of
address subsequent to the application for admission being submitted must be notified to
Buckinghamshire County Council and/or the school immediately.
6.3. Where a qualifying boy lives with a parent who is in the UK Armed Forces or a Crown
Servant may apply for admission and will be allocated a school place in advance of moving
to the intended home address where the application is supported by an official government
letter confirming the intended relocation date and home address. A unit postal address or
quartering area address will be sufficient if the new home address is not kno
wn at that stage.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
tech607

Post by tech607 »

Thank you all for your response. It is clear to me now
WillowFae

Post by WillowFae »

Main thing to bear in mind is that the results only come out a week before the deadline for applications. So you won’t be able to see if he passes and then move.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now