Good luck to everyone waiting for review letters

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sally-Anne

Re: Good luck to everyone waiting for review letters

Post by Sally-Anne »

Congratulations to all of you with good news, and especially mostlymum!

You have been through the mill too many times, and I'm glad that you are finally done with the 11+.

Should you feel able to stick around and support others, we will of course be delighted to see you - you certainly have a wealth of experience! :lol:

The same invitation applies to the rest of you, of course.
Jane26451

Post by Jane26451 »

Congratulations to those of you celebrating today. Unfortunately it wasn’t good news for us which wasn’t a big surprise. We will ponder whether we try the appeal route over the next few days and may be back asking for more advice which will be very gratefully received.
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

Sorry to hear that Jane, very similar to my friends DC who had a score of 112, and was also unsuccessful at review.

Good luck with whatever you decide, my friend feels she has nothing to lose by going to appeal (apart from possibly her sanity!) but has low expectations.

Such a shame as her older DC is at a Bucks Grammar.

Very best of luck x
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

crcreview wrote:congrats Deb70, hope it went well for you LEA. I find out tomorrow I hope. Good luck to everyone else

Hoping your weekend away will be finished off with some good news!
janejane444

Post by janejane444 »

Hi all, sadly we were not successful at review either. DD has a score of 118 with full support from Head and evidenced. DD moved school for year 5& 6 and it is that evidence that we produced. We are now kicking ourselves as one of the comments on the outcome was no evidence provided for previous years!

I also wanted to ask if anyone else was aware of the issue where some centres had 5 minutes longer for the test? Our school was one of the sites that didn't! we were advised of this by the deputy head and they said they were addressing it - something to do with what recording device was used and one method the timings were incorrect.

Feel like the right thing to do is to appeal as DS is grammar school material but letter says we cannot appeal after 1st March?

any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Moderators

Post by Moderators »

janejane444 wrote:Hi all, sadly we were not successful at review either. DD has a score of 118 with full support from Head and evidenced. DD moved school for year 5& 6 and it is that evidence that we produced. We are now kicking ourselves as one of the comments on the outcome was no evidence provided for previous years!

I also wanted to ask if anyone else was aware of the issue where some centres had 5 minutes longer for the test? Our school was one of the sites that didn't! we were advised of this by the deputy head and they said they were addressing it - something to do with what recording device was used and one method the timings were incorrect.

Feel like the right thing to do is to appeal as DS is grammar school material but letter says we cannot appeal after 1st March?

any advice would be greatly appreciated.
You've nothing to lose by trying an appeal. You can ask for clarification about the 5 minute issue at the hearing.

Be sure to read the Bucks sticky:
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 12&t=53659" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(Although it is still dated "2018", we are not aware of any significant changes for 2019.)

You cannot appeal before 1st March.

If you need any further help, please start your own thread in the Appeals section.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Sorry to hear your news janejane444. There was some discussion previously here.
Did you mean "cannot appeal until after 1st March"? You can't appeal for a place until you have been turned down for a place. If you wish to appeal you might like to start your own thread in the Appeals section. There is plenty of information here to get you started.
(Cross posts with moderators)
scary mum
TheHurdle

Post by TheHurdle »

I want to say a huge heart felt thanks to the posters who have been so helpful on this site around reviews. Esp ETIENNE. ( sp) our review was "successful".
I am not holding my breath as Sally Ann latest distance stats knock us out of the area for our desired school....however we feel we have given this our best shot!
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

TheHurdle wrote:I want to say a huge heart felt thanks to the posters who have been so helpful on this site ....... our review was "successful".
Delighted to hear your news! :D
Etienne
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

TheHurdle wrote:I want to say a huge heart felt thanks to the posters who have been so helpful on this site around reviews. Esp ETIENNE. ( sp) our review was "successful".
I am not holding my breath as Sally Ann latest distance stats knock us out of the area for our desired school....however we feel we have given this our best shot!
Congratulations!

Which is your preferred school, and which other schools did you put on the CAF? The crystal ball can be a bit of a blunt tool, so for individual cases I can often refine it.

If you PM me with the school information and your home postcode, I'll see if I can narrow things down for you.