Good luck to everyone waiting for review letters

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Deb70

Re: Good luck to everyone waiting for review letters

Post by Deb70 »

For people wondering whether to go forward with an appeal for Grammar School, I would say it's definitely worth doing. My eldest child went to a non selective school for five years and it was totally wrong for him. In hindsight, we should have tried to move him to a selective school as soon as we realised, but at the time we thought our only other option was to pay for private education, which we couldn't do. He went on to GS for A levels and did well, but those five years of being in the wrong learning environment really affected his attitude to learning.
We were successful with our review but I had already started gathering evidence for an appeal, because I knew the local non selective would be wrong for my DC. I would have kept going until he was in the right school. Don't give up x
crcreview

Post by crcreview »

Big thank you to the mods for all the help (especially Sally Anna who sent me a few PMs) and everyone else for the hand holding. Our selection review was successful. All the very best of luck to everyone considering an appeal.
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

Brilliant news,

I’ve been watching out for your updates congratulations again.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

I am pleased to hear the news, crcreview. :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now