Good luck to everyone waiting for review letters

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Blue_Marigold

Re: Good luck to everyone waiting for review letters

Post by Blue_Marigold »

lea2124 wrote:Nearly had a heart attack this morning when my husband said he'd got an email from BCC about our son's selection review! It was literally telling us they post the letter on fri 8th! If they can email me that why can't they just email the outcome? I'm probably going to have to endure the whole of the next weekend before knowing!
I'm tempted to ask the HT at school pick up on the 8th. 10 days to go.......
I think I posted the exact same thing last year!
crcreview

Post by crcreview »

Yes good luck all. Waiting for selection review for one of my twins, she scored 120.75 (so close) and her twin passed. They want to go together. This last bit is really dragging. I am away for the weekend the results come out (unavoidable) so won't open until the Sunday night (she is not really aware of it all).
Deb70

Post by Deb70 »

Yes, we received the email. It says clerk's written record of decision is given but not the decision process and no other written record from the review will be available. Gulp.
So we can assume a thin (one sheet) envelope will be success and a thicker envelope will be failure :cry:
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Best of luck deb70.

I really hope your ds gets to join his brother. DG
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Deb70 wrote:Yes, we received the email. It says clerk's written record of decision is given but not the decision process and no other written record from the review will be available. Gulp.
So we can assume a thin (one sheet) envelope will be success and a thicker envelope will be failure :cry:
I don't know what the email says, but BCC do try not to make things quite that obvious! I would expect the envelope to contain a covering letter and then the clerk's record (which is at least a couple of pages) for every decision, positive or negative.
crcreview

Post by crcreview »

Can you ask the headteacher do you think? We are away for the weekend so won't get the letter until Monday even if it comes Sat. Are heads allowed to give out results do you think?
Deb70

Post by Deb70 »

Maybe it's the same as the test results, ie. Everyone has to get them on the same day? Our school definitely won't know any earlier as we're OOC :o
lea2124

Post by lea2124 »

crcreview wrote:Can you ask the headteacher do you think? We are away for the weekend so won't get the letter until Monday even if it comes Sat. Are heads allowed to give out results do you think?
It's worth trying. It's frustrating when you know that they know!!!!! It probably won't even get delivered till the monday with us!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I don't think the head teacher will be able to tell you.
scary mum
crcreview

Post by crcreview »

Crikey its tomorrow, I'm unable to think about anything else at the moment.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now