Forum Mocks in Harrow - GL Style Bucks Format

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
forumadmin
Site Admin

Forum Mocks in Harrow - GL Style Bucks Format

Post by forumadmin »

Our mock exams for Buckinghamshire schools are now available to book online here:
https://mocks.elevenplusexams.co.uk/book-exams/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Feedback Reports are typically issued on the same day as the exam (or within 24 hours) and contain comprehensive data, including:

For each paper in the mock sitting:

- Percentage score for each paper.
- Percentile score for each paper (against session cohort)
- Percentile score for each paper (against overall cohort)
- Ranking for each paper (against session cohort)
- Ranking for each paper (against overall cohort)
- High, low and average scores of the session cohort
- High, low and average scores of the overall cohort
- Access to all skipped or incorrect questions and answers
- For skipped or incorrect questions, the percentage of peers who also skipped or got the question wrong

For the combined papers in the mock sitting

- Average percentage score for the combined papers
- Average percentile score for combined papers for session cohort
- Average percentile score for combined papers for overall cohort
- Ranking in the combined papers (against session cohort)
- Ranking in the combined papers (against overall cohort)
- High, low and average scores of the session cohort
- High, low and average scores of the overall cohort

Cohort Scores

- Breakdown of all students’ scores of the session cohort
- Breakdown of all students’ scores of the overall cohort
greengekho

Re: Forum Mocks in Harrow - GL Style Bucks Format

Post by greengekho »

Probably a bit late for this year - but for anyone on the journey next year, I must say these mocks were amazing. I know there are a lot of members who are of the view that mocks are unnecessary etc, but we have found them very helpful as a non tutoring/DIY family. The amount of detail you get in the results breakdown is way beyond other companies we tried previous years. You get the results very quickly, which is helpful as the questions are still fresh in the child's mind, so you can go over any incorrect ones while they are still in the 'zone' of having recently completed the test. I shall await the bombardment of, 'Yes but it isn't realistic as it isn't the environment the child will be in on the day of the real test', comments - to which I would say that although true, it doesn't mean there is no value in doing mocks. It certainly smartened my youngest one up to the fact that he was gonna have to sit for longer than a CGP 10 min test! He made some dumb errors (like missing an entire page out the first time he did the test!), which was great, because I would rather he made those mistakes now than on the actual day of the test. The mocks acted like bench marks for us - a point to work towards. I did three with each child, and can really recommend them.
sparklies

Re: Forum Mocks in Harrow - GL Style Bucks Format

Post by sparklies »

Just wanted to back up the previous poster - we've been very impressed with the mocks too. We didn't do any with our first, and although she passed, they would have made life a bit easier for her I think! We're also a DIY family.

We've sat three with our second who had been very unwilling to engage in prep. The first one she sat back in June was a real eye-opener of what she needed to brush up on, and fast. We thought we'd been doing reasonable prep but it hit home to all of us that she had a long way to go and she stepped it up as a result.

She's done two the past two weekends mocks (including intensive revision last week) and the difference has been quite remarkable even between the two just gone (as a result of her intense revision). It's clearly given her a LOT of extra motivation to study as she now has an external measure of how it is making a difference. And that is absolutely priceless even if the mocks themselves may, or may not, reflect the final result as I'm not sure quite how a mock-taking cohort of a few hundred could ever map accurately onto the Buckinghamshire Massive! It's still a relative improvement against a measure of something that probably isn't that far off the real questions.

A lot of her issues are related to making careless mistakes, so by getting completely used to the exam format now, she is making fewer mistakes each time as she's not distracted by it.

Twice now we've had the results before she's even been out (and the third time within a few hours!) And she got a lot out of the exam tips session too. Going through the answers together afterwards has been really valuable for her as well; I know they do some post exam (another great thing about these particular mocks) but sometimes just chatting to mum and dad about a question helps massively.

So yep; for those struggling to get their child motivated, definitely recommend booking a series of these mocks!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now