2020 predictions

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
CantCount

2020 predictions

Post by CantCount »

Sally-Anne

I’m wondering if you think the new broader boundary for Wycombe High for 2020 with a ‘catchment area b’ will completely rule out children who are out of catchment. I’m less than 1/2 mile over the boundary and thought I’d give it a try but although I’m much closer to the school than a lot of the pupils in the new catchment area I realise they will get priority. I see in the past the school have taken some pupils who are up to 11 miles and out of catchment but I’m wondering if this will change. Borlase are taking a bigger intake which may also have an effect.
Long way off I know but wondering if your Chrystal Ball has a theory....!?
Sally-Anne

Re: 2020 predictions

Post by Sally-Anne »

Thank goodness you are only asking about WHS!

They have allocated to some considerable distance out of area for several years now, and I don't think that you - at 0.5 miles OOA - will be affected in any way by the catchment change.

For the rest of the GSs with catchment area changes (mainly affecting boys' places), I am really not sure what S-A's crystal ball will be able to do for 2020. I'll think about it when it is upon us!
CantCount

Post by CantCount »

Thank you!
CantCount

Post by CantCount »

I see from today’s stats than Wycombe High only offered to 7.4 miles. Quite a big change!

That probably rules us out for next year, can’t see student population declining. :(
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

CantCount wrote:I see from today’s stats than Wycombe High only offered to 7.4 miles. Quite a big change!

That probably rules us out for next year, can’t see student population declining. :(
I thought from the above that you are only just outside the catchment. How far are you from the school?
scary mum
CantCount

Post by CantCount »

I’m just over the catchment boundary but 8.1 miles from the school. So within last year’s reach but not this year’s.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I imagine it's worth a shot - this year's is the lowest it's ever been, although I think some of the very high distances were one or two pupils a long way out. It could fluctuate year by year.
scary mum
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now