Buckinghamshire allocations March 1st 2019

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sbuja

Re: Buckinghamshire allocations March 1st 2019

Post by sbuja »

What are the chances to get a place if move the house closer to BHS before Sept within 5 miles?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

It would be a big risk and you would have to show that it was a genuine & permanent move. It would move you up the waiting list, but others could still be above you & there may be no places that come up over the summer.
Are you on both the BGS & BHS waiting lists?
scary mum
sbuja

Post by sbuja »

Yes, Looks like I am on waiting for both schools but there is no confirmation yet from Bucks council. BCC said that I will be on waiting list automatically. Yes, buying a house is the only way to show that this is a permanent move?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

sbuja wrote:Yes, Looks like I am on waiting for both schools but there is no confirmation yet from Bucks council. BCC said that I will be on waiting list automatically. Yes, buying a house is the only way to show that this is a permanent move?
No, not necessarily, see evidence required from BCC website
You will know your positions on the waiting lists at the end of March, I think. The next round of allocations will be in April & I imagine that is when the largest shift in editing list positions occurs, if they move at all. Last year there was very little movement.
scary mum
sbuja

Post by sbuja »

if they move at all. Last year there was very little movement.

This line give more tension:(
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Last year BHS moved 0.6 miles - it may have moved further but BCC don't publish allocations after the second round, that I'm aware of. I would imagine that was one person admitted in the second round. BGS moved 2.2 miles, so considerably further. Generally the distances are smaller each year & the waiting lists move less.
What school has your DD been allocated? It's probably best to "big up" that one as it may well be where she is going.
scary mum
sbuja

Post by sbuja »

We got Langley Academy. Looks like this year no Bucks grammar school for Langley and the surrounding area :?:
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

sbuja wrote:We got Langley Academy. Looks like this year no Bucks grammar school for Langley and the surrounding area :?:
I don't think you can go far wrong with Langley Academy, so that's good news.
scary mum
sbuja

Post by sbuja »

Thanks, What a bad luck for us. We are in Langley /Upton priority catchment and scored 110 :oops:. Now struggling for Bucks as well due to distance. What kind of exam the Slough consortium takes the difference between Slough and Bucks is almost 40 marks. Even a few of my friends mentioned the same that the Slough exam was a bit hard. I think its a harassment for the child asking the questions beyond their level.
MCon2019

Post by MCon2019 »

My daughter got allocated St Josephs which is in an area I'm not happy with my daughter travelling to and would probably take me just as long if not longer to get to. I stupidly did not go through with the Langley Academy test as she had passed Bucks and was two miles in distance allocation last year and even the Headmaster at Burnham said we were 'virtually guaranteed' a place at Burnham. It seems that Langley is pretty much out for Bucks schools now. Sad when the catchment line virtually goes past my house!!