Buckinghamshire allocations March 1st 2019

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sbuja

Re: Buckinghamshire allocations March 1st 2019

Post by sbuja »

We are in Langley and Upton school catchment but missed the score by 1 mark and another child by 4 marks. :(. and this may be by age correction?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

sbuja wrote:We are in Langley and Upton school catchment but missed the score by 1 mark and another child by 4 marks. :(. and this may be by age correction?
I'm not quite sure what you mean? You might want to post in the Slough thread (in the Berkshire section) for Slough schools.
scary mum
Bepositive

Post by Bepositive »

Which distance calculator are you all using, please?
drummer

Post by drummer »

sbuja wrote:We are in Langley and Upton school catchment but missed the score by 1 mark and another child by 4 marks. :(. and this may be by age correction?
Marks are not 'corrected' for age - i.e. no marks are added or taken away because of a child's age. Children are simply compared to children of the same age as them e.g. born in September children are compared to all the other born in September children.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Bepositive wrote:Which distance calculator are you all using, please?
You can use google maps. If you click on where you want as the starting point, then right click and select "measure distance", you then drag it to where you want to measure the distance to. It may not be exactly the same as BCC use, but it will give you a rough idea.
scary mum
SG2019

Post by SG2019 »

Any one knows waiting list movements for Dr challoners girls for last few years? We live in Ricky and haven't got through (many girls have last year from here so were hopeful). Wondering if we stand a chance in later waiting lists and by when?

We have SCD on offer which is great but DC keen on DCH.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

SG2019 wrote:Any one knows waiting list movements for Dr challoners girls for last few years? We live in Ricky and haven't got through (many girls have last year from here so were hopeful). Wondering if we stand a chance in later waiting lists and by when?

We have SCD on offer which is great but DC keen on DCH.
How far away are you (straight line distance)? The distance has gone down by a long way this year, and there was little movement last year, so unless you are very close to the cut off I wouldn't get your daughter's hopes up too much.
ETA: I've just had a look and it is 8 or 9 miles, so I think you can be pretty sure it won't go that far. Last year it went to about 6.5 miles.
scary mum
AMZ

Post by AMZ »

Hi, DS qualified in transfer test. Distance 3.18 miles from BGS and did not get offer. As it has stopped at 3.04 miles, is there any chance in second round? Normally what is the movement every year?

DS, however got place offered in JHGS distance 10.58 miles.

Any information from last year's first round allocation of BGS and how it moved would be really helpful.

Many thanks,
KatharineB

Post by KatharineB »

Bepositive wrote:Which distance calculator are you all using, please?
I used https://www.freemaptools.com/radius-fro ... stcode.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; which allows you to plot exact mile radiuses from any postcode.
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

This is the Bucks CC catchment checker (it gives distances)

https://services.buckscc.gov.uk/school- ... ns/nearest
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now