How to appeal for a Bucks GS place 2019

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Etienne

Re: How to appeal for a Bucks GS place 2019

Post by Etienne »

I'll try and tackle some of these questions, but can't help with all of them.

I do sympathise with your situation.
From the official school distance calculator we are 7.63 miles away (the calculator doesn’t show three decimal places).
Using the BCC admissions contact form, I see no reason why you shouldn't ask what distance (to three decimal places) they used in your case, pointing out that the cut-off distance gives three decimal places.

Let's see if they come back with 7.630.
do we appeal?
Best to keep your options open by putting in an appeal. You don't have to write much at this stage. If you wish, you can simply write “Details of case to follow”.

Most appeals are not going to be heard before the end of April or beginning of May at the earliest.

There is nothing to stop you cancelling your appeal at the last minute if there is no longer any need to proceed (although it would be kinder, wherever possible, to give the administrators and panel a couple of weeks’ notice).
Hopefully they understand our disappointment
If you did indeed lose out by 0.05, then I'm afraid that can't be reconsidered. Admissions have to administer the rules exactly as they are - or they would be in the wrong.
An appeal panel would probably be quite sympathetic, but 0.05 of a mile could only be part of an appeal case. You would need other reasons:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... -school#c2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you need any further help with an appeal, please start your own thread over in the Appeals section which is where we deal with individual cases.
Etienne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now