Applying for Grammar test after just moving to the country

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
KatharineB

Applying for Grammar test after just moving to the country

Post by KatharineB »

Hi all. I have a query on behalf of a friend. They have just moved to the country and would like to try to test for a Grammar school. I just wanted to try and find the right advice for them about how best to do this for their circumstances.

Their DC is in year 6 now so have missed the 11+ that took place last September. Would they be looking at taking the 12+ or is it not too late still to take the 11+ and go on the waiting list? They would be looking to take the Bucks and Slough admission tests but they are most interested in Burnham Grammar for their child's needs. They are OOC but only just. They would have got a place there in the first round based on distance if they had done the test and qualified.

Could the experts advise me based on the time of year, what method of examination they should be looking at now? I believe taking the 11+ may be possible still but wanted the best advice.

Many thanks!
ToadMum

Re: Applying for Grammar test after just moving to the count

Post by ToadMum »

KatharineB wrote:Hi all. I have a query on behalf of a friend. They have just moved to the country and would like to try to test for a Grammar school. I just wanted to try and find the right advice for them about how best to do this for their circumstances.

Their DC is in year 6 now so have missed the 11+ that took place last September. Would they be looking at taking the 12+ or is it not too late still to take the 11+ and go on the waiting list? They would be looking to take the Bucks and Slough admission tests but they are most interested in Burnham Grammar for their child's needs. They are OOC but only just. They would have got a place there in the first round based on distance if they had done the test and qualified.

Could the experts advise me based on the time of year, what method of examination they should be looking at now? I believe taking the 11+ may be possible still but wanted the best advice.

Many thanks!
The relevant section of the Buckinghamshire County Council website might assist here?

https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/services/edu ... istration/

Children can be tested later if, for example, they are ill on the date of the test, or if the family has very recently moved into Buckinghamshire. However, if testing is not completed on 13 September 2018, we cannot guarantee that the results will be available on 12 October 2018. We will also consider later testing for children who move into the area after 28 June 2018 and by 28 June 2019.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
scary mum

Re: Applying for Grammar test after just moving to the count

Post by scary mum »

Yes, the 11 plus in Bucks can be taken until July. If they qualify they will go on waiting list according to the oversubscription criteria. I don't know about the Slough exam I'm afraid.
scary mum
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now