Tributes to Sally-Anne

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mm23292

Re: Sally-Anne RIP

Post by mm23292 »

Am truly shocked and saddened to read this. I shall never forget Sally-Anne’s honest help and guiding wisdom. Sincere condolences.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Very sad news. Sally-Anne helped a great many people navigate the Bucks system of testing, reviews and appeals. As well as the help evident on these forums, she also did a lot of work behind the scenes to try and influence things so that the system was fairer for all who entered, the majority of whom were probably not forum visitors. That was the reach of the work she put in and for which families, schools and the county council should be grateful. Her crystal ball predictions seemed to get more accurate each year, which shows just how much knowledge we've lost. I suspect she understood the statistics and nuances of the Bucks system better than many school heads and certainly better than any of us on the forum.

Thank you to her family for "lending" Sally-Anne to the forum. She made a huge difference to many families and will be much missed.
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

Oh no, I’m so sorry to hear this awful news. What a loss for her family.

Sally-Anne was such a kind and insightful lady (we never met in real life, but she was so articulate and aposite in her posts and PMs, I had a feel of her lively personality and sense of humour). During my two DDs’ travels through the Bucks system she was both helpful and pragmatic. And I, like so many others, appreciated her Crystal Ball and her insightful posts and support.

My sincere condolences to her real-life friends and family. She was unique, and thank you for sharing her over the years with our virtual community. We will miss her very much.
Yets15

Post by Yets15 »

So sad to hear this. I am relatively new to the platform but Sally - Anne’s many post has been very informative and helpful to me and my family. My condolences to her friends, family and members of this platform. She will be missed.
lea2124

Post by lea2124 »

oh my goodness, I'm so sorry to hear this. Such sad news. My condolences to her family and friends at this sad time.
lewpylou

Post by lewpylou »

I'm deeply shocked and saddened to read this. As a long-time lurker I have very much enjoyed Sally-Anne's intelligent, thoughtful and measured contributions to the forums.

Sending my sincere condolences to her family.
Moderators

Post by Moderators »

Mods have posted two threads today:
One linking to Sally-Anne's free rice thread https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 38&t=57912" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. She was a huge fan of the site both in terms of learning and also helping the less fortunate.
Also one for forum members to add their favourite posts https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 38&t=57911" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Feel free to enjoy!

ETA we have now added a third post (with links in several sections) for those wishing to make a charitable donation in Sally-Anne’s memory.
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... =5&t=57917" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

Oh my gosh, i really don't know what to say!

Sally-Anne was the most amazing lady, nothing was ever too much for her, she has to be one of the most selfless people I have ever come across!

She has helped me on a number of occasions, both for my DCs 11+ journeys and more recently for a friends review/appeal.

RIP beautiful lady!
new to all this

Post by new to all this »

Am so sorry to hear the sad news about Sally -Anne. Her advice was invaluable and like many others on here, I was very grateful for her help.
My sincerest condolences to her family and friends at this difficult time. I wish them love and strength.
ahap

Post by ahap »

I am really saddened to hear of the passing of Sally-Anne. My sincere condolences.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now