Late move to Bucks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Gee9876

Late move to Bucks

Post by Gee9876 »

Hi all

My DD passed the Bucks 11+ and also the Slough Consortium. At the time the plans were to get into catchment for Beaconsfield Girls before 31st March 2019. However, due to personal circumstances our exchange has only just gone through. We will now be in Catchment for Beaconsfield Girls- 3.5miles away.

Currently my DD will be starting one of the Slough Grammar school’s in Sept 2019 but our preference has always been Beaconsfield Girls.

Are we absolutely too late now? Or could a place come up in the near future? Do Bucks keep the waiting lists open until December like the Slough Consortium?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
Etienne

Re: Late move to Bucks

Post by Etienne »

Do Bucks keep the waiting lists open until December like the Slough Consortium?
Yes, there must be a waiting list until at least December.

It's pot luck whether or not someone leaves - and whether or not you're top of the waiting list.

Are you going to try a late appeal as well as being on the waiting list?
Etienne
Gee9876

Post by Gee9876 »

Thanks for your reply Etienne.
I wasn’t aware we could make a late appeal at this stage?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

I wasn’t aware we could make a late appeal at this stage?
Yes.
If you are refused a school place on 1 March 2019, your appeal form must be received by the Appeals Team by 12 noon on 28 March 2019.

Appeals received by these deadlines will be heard between 29 April and July 2019. Appeals received after these deadlines will not be heard until September 2019 or later.
https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/services/edu ... on-appeal/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm assuming you haven't already appealed - but, even if you have, you might possibly be entitled to another appeal if the admission authority agrees that there has been a significant change in your circumstances.

We give some advice on how to appeal here:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... -school#c2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
Gee9876

Post by Gee9876 »

Thank you again Etienne.

Bucks council have informed me that based on the address I have provided my DD would be 1st on the waiting list. However, as they are 1 over the PAN (due to a successful appeal) 2 girls would need to decline their place in order for my DD to get an offer.

I am not clued up on the Bucks schools system but does anyone know if students decline places at this stage?
I have heard in other counties such as Berkshire, Sutton, Kingston etc it is not unusual for children to decline places in Sept/oct or just not turn up for their first day as they accepted an offer elsewhere.