Spatial NVR for bucks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sd1977

Spatial NVR for bucks

Post by sd1977 »

Hi
Can someone help me with the spatial NVR requirement for bucks 11+ exam?
I am confused with what the Spatial NVR topics are.
Does it contain 3D and Cube also? Or, its only 2-D folding, punching, hidden figure etc.

Thanks and regards
sd1977
walidal

Re: Spatial NVR for bucks

Post by walidal »

I am from outside your area, however there are various books in the market that deal with the topic NVR Spatial. I would recommend Spatial CGP 10 Minutes book which tackles what you most need for this level. Need to choose the book more appropriate for the two separate examining boards; GL or CEM
Deb70

Post by Deb70 »

Look at the familiarisation materials provided by Bucks. They also say there could be other question types and indeed last year, my DC said there were some new question types, although they weren't that different. In any case there are instructions and examples provided before each question type.
sd1977

Post by sd1977 »

Hi Deb70
The familiarisation paper doesn't have any 3d or Cube.
Neither the familiarisation paper provided by GL has any of these.

But the CGP test-pack for bucks contain 3D and Cube. So I am confused.

Do you know if 3D or Cube was part of last year's bucks test?
patricia

Post by patricia »

Types of spatial reasoning are always evolving, as is verbal reasoning.

Types included in the familiarisation and GL shop bought papers, may or may not appear in the real test. New types may appear.

I would suggest looking at a variety of material, explaining to your child that an exact match may not be found in the real test, just read the question/instructions carefully and try to answer based on their knowledge of similar types.

Patricia
sd1977

Post by sd1977 »

patricia wrote:Types of spatial reasoning are always evolving, as is verbal reasoning.

Types included in the familiarisation and GL shop bought papers, may or may not appear in the real test. New types may appear.

I would suggest looking at a variety of material, explaining to your child that an exact match may not be found in the real test, just read the question/instructions carefully and try to answer based on their knowledge of similar types.

Patricia
Thank you Patrica
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now