Questions from computer123

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
computer123

Cr.Challoner's Grammar - late application/ 2nd round?

Post by computer123 »

We have missed application deadline to register for exam. What options do we have - I have heard about 2nd round, late transfer etc?

Can DS take the test after January as a 2nd round?
scary mum

Re: Cr.Challoner's Grammar - late application/ 2nd round?

Post by scary mum »

You need to check the admissions criteria, or talk to the admissions team at Bucks County Council. DCGS has very specific rules about addresses and you have to be resident for quite some time before applying (check the admission criteria, they will be on the school website). You would not get in from West London.
You seem to be firing off queries about a variety of schools. Have you visited them?
DCGS admissions policy
In particular:
Normal Home Addressa)In order to qualify for admission under rules referring to the school’s catchment area, the applicant must have been resident at their home address continuously since April 1st of the year preceding proposed admission (for admission in September 2020this is April 1st 2019) b)If a parent of the applicant student still owns a property within 20 miles of the school which has been the main family home more recently than September 1st 2016 (ie 4 years before the proposed date of admission), a property closer to the school will not be accepted as the basis for a legitimate residence qualification even if the former property is leased to a third party.For the purposes of this policy a parent of an applicant is defined as a parent with whom the applicant student resides for at least two nights of the school week (Sunday to Thursday inclusive)c)The school may require additional evidence of ‘residence qualification’ if there are reasons for casting doubt on the accuracy or completeness of an application.
scary mum
computer123

where can I find doc with allocations of places 2018?

Post by computer123 »

Please where can I find doc with allocations of places 2018 in Bucks?

Also, what is the contact number to the admission team secondary, as i am trying to ring 01296 395000 but no answer ( continuously on hold)

Thanks
scary mum

Re: where can I find doc with allocations of places 2018?

Post by scary mum »

You need to Google "Buckinghamshire secondary schools allocations". This page is what you are looking for. I don't think you can call them, you have to email.
ETA: did you mean 2018 or 2019? Both are there.
scary mum
computer123

Dr.Challenor - 2nd round/ 3rd?

Post by computer123 »

Is there 2nd and 3rd round allocations for Dr.Challenor school?
ToadMum

Re: Dr.Challenor - 2nd round/ 3rd?

Post by ToadMum »

computer123 wrote:Is there 2nd and 3rd round allocations for Dr.Challenor school?
Only if there are places to allocate, presumably?

There doesn't appear to have been any to reallocate last year, art least.

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... .php?id=44

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 12#p665878
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
scary mum

Re: Dr.Challenor - 2nd round/ 3rd?

Post by scary mum »

The second round allocations are on the link I put on your other thread. You can see that in 2019 there was no movement between March & April at DCGS. Third round allocations are not usually published as there are very few. DCGS has residency requirements which you would not meet so would be very unlikely to get a place.
scary mum
computer123

Questions from computer123

Post by computer123 »

Please are there any grammars in Bucks with the formal 13+ entry point?
patricia

Re: Are there any grammars in Bucks with the formal 13+ entr

Post by patricia »

You can check the admission rules for each Grammar School via the following link

https://www.thebucksgrammarschools.org/tbgs-schools" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Patricia
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now