How do we get results?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sparklies

Re: How do we get results?

Post by sparklies »

Also totally agree. Haven't the children dealt with enough by having to sit the exam and wait for and deal with results, without this extra form of torture after school? Maybe it made sense years ago before technology became more pervasive, but there's no reason to do it this way now.

West Herts puts the results up on their website, bang on the time they said they would (12 noon on Wednesday) and with no website falling over issues either. I guess if you don't have Internet access that would be a problem, but surely there can't be anyone left who couldn't ask a friend at least!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

the year DD got hers (2008) in North Yorks, the post office decided to go on strike so in area kids got their enveloped at school while OOC parents (well those not at in area state schools even if they lived locally) had to line up at the education offices to collect them... in the absence of the kids there was no whooping or making a fuss, people calmly walking a little way along the street and reading them.
Deb70

Post by Deb70 »

I'm so nervous for everyone right now. They'll just be finding out. This was us last year. Good luck everyone and give those children a big hug and a treat!!
Moderators

Post by Moderators »

Good luck to everyone involved.

Please post your news on the Results thread:
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 12&t=59315" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
IncyWincy

Re: Results

Post by IncyWincy »

scary mum wrote:Exactly, I think it makes it much less of a Big Thing if it is quietly opened and he is told "Oh, by the way..."
I presume good news with the smiley face? Are you hopeful of a place where you are?
He now knows so can confirm, yes!
Bit weird here as possibly too far away from our catchment grammar going on the past few years intake (older sibling will be in 6th form so won't benefit from sibling preference) but there are two other Bucks grammars which have historically taken children from much further away than us.

Went to do school pick up and quite a few parents were discussing results, didn't do that as I wanted him to know first and I sensed that two of his closest friends might not have qualified.
Son was totally oblivious and I let him tell me all about the school play that they had been working on. When I produced the envelope (he didn't notice that I'd opened then attempted to reseal it) he had no idea what it was, took a while to figure it out. He's happy but we bumped into one of his friends after and had to stop him saying anything when the friend was bouncing up and down excitedly about getting results.
Have also asked him to be sensitive around his other sibling as they didn't qualify a few years ago, he's managed to resist saying anything so far!
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

IncyWincy wrote:
scary mum wrote:Exactly, I think it makes it much less of a Big Thing if it is quietly opened and he is told "Oh, by the way..."
I presume good news with the smiley face? Are you hopeful of a place where you are?
He now knows so can confirm, yes!
Bit weird here as possibly too far away from our catchment grammar going on the past few years intake (older sibling will be in 6th form so won't benefit from sibling preference) but there are two other Bucks grammars which have historically taken children from much further away than us.

Went to do school pick up and quite a few parents were discussing results, didn't do that as I wanted him to know first and I sensed that two of his closest friends might not have qualified.
Son was totally oblivious and I let him tell me all about the school play that they had been working on. When I produced the envelope (he didn't notice that I'd opened then attempted to reseal it) he had no idea what it was, took a while to figure it out. He's happy but we bumped into one of his friends after and had to stop him saying anything when the friend was bouncing up and down excitedly about getting results.
Have also asked him to be sensitive around his other sibling as they didn't qualify a few years ago, he's managed to resist saying anything so far!
Congratulations
I know that some of the Bucks Grammars have a sibling rule that includes 6th form
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

rhiane wrote:Congratulations
I know that some of the Bucks Grammars have a sibling rule that includes 6th form
Agreed - worth checking. We won an appeal on this basis 10 years ago and the school extended the sibling rule to include sixth form a couple of years later.
Marylou
WillowFae

Post by WillowFae »

AGS and AHS have extended the sibling priority to having EVER been on roll. So even if they have left you still get priority.
IncyWincy

Post by IncyWincy »

Thanks so much for mentioning the sibling rule extension to sixth form - it does indeed appear to be the case! Can't believe I missed that! They haven't allocated quite as far as us in the last 4 years so this would be amazing.

We're a bit confused though, have been reading through various policies and it is listed as
6. Children living in the catchment area of the school on 31 October 2019.
7. Siblings of children in Years 7 to 12 who are on the roll of the school at the time
allocations are made and who are expected to be on the roll of the school at the time
of the proposed admission
To us it doesn't read as if siblings IN catchment have priority over distance in catchment although I'm sure we are misinterpreting it?
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

IncyWincy wrote:Thanks so much for mentioning the sibling rule extension to sixth form - it does indeed appear to be the case! Can't believe I missed that! They haven't allocated quite as far as us in the last 4 years so this would be amazing.

We're a bit confused though, have been reading through various policies and it is listed as
6. Children living in the catchment area of the school on 31 October 2019.
7. Siblings of children in Years 7 to 12 who are on the roll of the school at the time
allocations are made and who are expected to be on the roll of the school at the time
of the proposed admission
To us it doesn't read as if siblings IN catchment have priority over distance in catchment although I'm sure we are misinterpreting it?
Category 6 means all catchment children (sibling or not) and the next category down is siblings outside catchment, as those in catchment would be admitted under point 6. It effectively means that siblings are considered before the school starts measuring distances for "all other pupils". If there are not enough places for everyone under point 7, I assume they would start with the closest sibling and then move further away until all the places are filled.
Marylou
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now