How do we get results?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
slsmum2

How do we get results?

Post by slsmum2 »

Hello
Seems like a simple question but how do we get the results on Friday and at what time?
rhiane

Re: Results

Post by rhiane »

slsmum2 wrote:Hello
Seems like a simple question but how do we get the results on Friday and at what time?
If your DC is at a Bucks primary, they are given an envelope at the end of the school day, if you're OOC, they are sent 1st class on Thursday to arrive Friday, meaning anyone OOC will know their results before the Bucks DC. (Which seems a bit unfair to me!)
slsmum2

Post by slsmum2 »

Thank you. Oh I see. Well I guess depends what time the post comes. We are in a Bucks primary, so end of the day Friday it is.....
WillowFae

Post by WillowFae »

rhiane wrote:
slsmum2 wrote:Hello
If your DC is at a Bucks primary, they are given an envelope at the end of the school day, if you're OOC, they are sent 1st class on Thursday to arrive Friday, meaning anyone OOC will know their results before the Bucks DC. (Which seems a bit unfair to me!)
Unless you are in a partner school. We are OCC but in a partner school and with both of ours it was an envelope sent to the school.
IncyWincy

Post by IncyWincy »

We're out of county (but in catchment). Postman has been, managed to resist going out to check the letterbox until 10:30. Now sitting down with a cup of tea to try and calm down after the stress of not knowing.
Previous years we had those envelopes that you could discreetly open and reseal, this year they had the type you can't open without damaging.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Why can't you open it, it is addressed to you?
scary mum
IncyWincy

Post by IncyWincy »

scary mum wrote:Why can't you open it, it is addressed to you?
I have opened it :) just felt a bit guilty doing so as I hadn't discussed with son first (trying not to draw attention to the fact that it was results day today or make it into a big thing for him).
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Exactly, I think it makes it much less of a Big Thing if it is quietly opened and he is told "Oh, by the way..."
I presume good news with the smiley face? Are you hopeful of a place where you are?
scary mum
TNM47

Post by TNM47 »

Happy for you but seems unfair that us Bucks parents do not get the luxury of doing that, opening it on our own and composing ourselves. We have no choice but to open with the child.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

TNM47 wrote:Happy for you but seems unfair that us Bucks parents do not get the luxury of doing that, opening it on our own and composing ourselves. We have no choice but to open with the child.
I couldn't agree more, with them being given out at school you also risk the unedifying sight of whooping parents in the playground. It could all be solved by email, or on line access. It would save BCC money on the ones they have to post as well :D
scary mum
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now