Dr challoners high school girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
RajMehta

Dr challoners high school girls

Post by RajMehta »

hello ,
My daughter has cleared her 11 plus bucks passing criteria.
We have found a property to rent in Amersham post code hp6 5hy. We do not have any other property. This house is 1.79 miles from dchs and as per bucks council website it says we are in catchment. If anyone can please advise if 1.79 miles is ok to get into dchs do we have any chance or it’s not possible .
Thanks
scary mum

Re: Dr challoners high school girls

Post by scary mum »

Last year you would have got a place in the first round of allocations. There is no guarantee, however.
Can you move by October 31st & prove that you have relinquished other properties?
ETA: all catchment girls have got places on March 1st for the last few years, so you should be pretty certain (the distances on the allocations confused me)..
scary mum
RajMehta

Post by RajMehta »

We live in a rented property at the moment and willing to move by 31st October and live in Amersham for good . However before signing any contract I wanted to check in the forum . Do we hold any chance to get into dchs in catchment in first round ? I m little confused as there are many data charts forwarded about the catchment.
Thank you
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Yes, you have a good chance but no-one can guarantee it. Things change from year to year.
scary mum
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

And what about a school place for the rest of year 6/ siblings?
scary mum
RajMehta

Post by RajMehta »

Sibling is not yet in school age. Year 6 she will complete at her existing school. We don’t want to disturb her SAT’s .
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

RajMehta wrote:Sibling is not yet in school age. Year 6 she will complete at her existing school. We don’t want to disturb her SAT’s .
How far / long a journey away is the current school from your new property? If a significant distance and you don't apply for a new place close to the new address, there is a risk that the LA might wonder how genuine your move is.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
RajMehta

Post by RajMehta »

Current school journey is 30mins drive. Regarding move we will be submitting all required documents that council will ask for . As our move is genuine.
mm23292

Post by mm23292 »

October 31st is next Thursday...3 working days to sort out contracts and move house.
At the risk of sounding a little cynical; that sounds a little hasty to me..
I have friends who have lived here for many years, whose children did not get places at their closest chosen catchment grammar...bound to be a sore point reading posts like this.
gg234

Post by gg234 »

This is happening every year and this will happen in coming years.The only solution is to change the residency requirement similar to the boys school.