Sir William Borlase's & Royal Grammar from Maidenhead

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
arindam.mukherjee

Sir William Borlase's & Royal Grammar from Maidenhead

Post by arindam.mukherjee »

Hiya,

My DS has qualified for Bucks and we are based out in Maidenhead. Could anyone please guide us with filling in CAF, how much is the probability of getting a place in Sir William Borlase's or Royal Grammar School from Maidenhead? How wise would it be to keep these schools in CAF top positions considering that we are located 4.2 miles from Sir Williams Borlase and 8.2 miles from Royal Grammar.

Any help or thought is greatly appreciated.
mad?

Re: Sir William Borlase's & Royal Grammar from Maidenhead

Post by mad? »

Hi, just to be sure I am not confused, but do you not live in Reading?
arindam.mukherjee wrote:Hello Tinker,
My son scored 117 in Slough Consortium. We live in Reading. Could you please let me know what are the options for Slough Schools staying at Reading? I am unable to decide from historical data and oversubscription criteria.
Many thanks for your suggestion.
Kind regards,
Arindam
Either way put the schools in your genuine order of preference, unless, of course, based on your view of previous allocations (here) https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/media/451308 ... -final.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, you think you have no chance of being allocated, in which case do not bother
mad?
arindam.mukherjee

mad? wrote:Hi, just to be sure I am not confused, but do you not live in Reading?
arindam.mukherjee wrote:Hello Tinker,
My son scored 117 in Slough Consortium. We live in Reading. Could you please let me know what are the options for Slough Schools staying at Reading? I am unable to decide from historical data and oversubscription criteria.
Many thanks for your suggestion.
Kind regards,
Arindam
Either way put the schools in your genuine order of preference, unless, of course, based on your view of previous allocations (here) https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/media/451308 ... -final.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, you think you have no chance of being allocated, in which case do not bother
Hi,

Our first preference is Reading Boys, however the score is so marginal, we are unsure about the outcome of reading. Statistically he does not have much chances of getting into reading boys unless some miracle happens until the waiting list moving up. Hence, moved to Maidenhead to stay in the catchment of Berks as well as bucks.

Hence, need your advice whether Royal Grammar and Sir William’s offer places from Maidenhead.
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

Can I get this clear? You have *moved house* to be within the catchment of two particular schools then on the final day that applications have to be in you are asking whether you will be able to get into these schools from the house you have specifically moved to?
mad?

Post by mad? »

No-one can predict what will happen any better than you but if you look at the allocations link I sent you that should help.
I presume you are fully aware of and compliant with the definition of home address supplied by Bucks in their admissions policy?
mad?
arindam.mukherjee

streathammum wrote:Can I get this clear? You have *moved house* to be within the catchment of two particular schools then on the final day that applications have to be in you are asking whether you will be able to get into these schools from the house you have specifically moved to?
Hi,

What I meant to say is our first preference is Reading Boys for which Maidenhead comes in the catchment criteria. If that goes in the waiting list, we wanted to stay in the secondary catchment of Buckinghamshire. Now, within Buckinghamshire, I am thinking about Sir Williams and Royal Grammar to keep as 2nd and 3rd preference.

I had a look into the statistics of Buckinghamshire school intake for Sir William and Royal
Grammar in 2019 and looks like they had taken out of county, not sure whether that is from Maidenhead.

Hence, very confused about the preferences to be kept and the order. So need your advice please.
Kind regards
arindam.mukherjee

mad? wrote:No-one can predict what will happen any better than you but if you look at the allocations link I sent you that should help.
I presume you are fully aware of and compliant with the definition of home address supplied by Bucks in their admissions policy?
Thanks. Yes, I checked where they mentioned to move before 31st October,19. We moved to Maidenhead on 25th. Please let me know if that is not correct. We haven’t been lucky enough to speak to the schools due to term break holidays and do not have much information on the same

Kind regards,
mad?

Post by mad? »

arindam.mukherjee wrote:Thanks. Yes, I checked where they mentioned to move before 31st October,19. We moved to Maidenhead on 25th. Please let me know if that is not correct. We haven’t been lucky enough to speak to the schools due to term break holidays and do not have much information on the same
Kind regards,
Admissions are not on half term break. I believe their website provides the information as well. In short to be compliant you need to prove that the address is permanent and that your DS lives there, so think child benefit letters, local primary school he attends, utilities bills, no continuing links to previous address etc. But do not take this from me typing on my 'phone from the tube, look up the Bucks website or speak to them.
mad?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

The information is on this page.

You can also find information about the distances that the schools allocated to last year. I know that you wouldn't have got SWBGS from Maidenhead for the last 5 years (there is another thread on here abou that if you look further down in this section)
scary mum
mad?

Post by mad? »

Thank you scary mum, that's very helpful
mad?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now