commute to wycombe high school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mrstalal

commute to wycombe high school

Post by mrstalal »

Could someone please tell me about the commute by bus from maidenhead to beaconsfield high school and wycombe high school.I need to know the journey time etc before i put my choices down for the form submission by 31st oct.
streathammum

Re: commute to wycombe high school

Post by streathammum »

Unless I'm mistaken, you would seem to be borderline for both of those schools. Do you have a closer school that you are likely to get, in case you aren't offered either of these options?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

This thread is a couple of years old, but may help, although it is talking about the boys' schools. I don't know if anyone travels from Maidenhead to BHS, it would be quite a difficult journey. Have you checked the distances from previous years? Bear in mind they tend to shrink rather than exapnd although there are some year on year differences.
Eta And this thread
scary mum
mrstalal

Post by mrstalal »

Many thanks.I have checked and we are in not close but far catchment of wycombe high and Borlase. BHS went out of their catchment last year thats why want to check the commute before putting it as one my top choices .i have checked with both these girls schools,buses run but want to know if someone's daughter has used these buses from maidenhead.we are also a bit out of catchment of BGS but again depends how far they go out their catchment.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Unfortunately no-one can tell you at this stage. Once you are confident of transport (& ease of it!), put them in your genuine order of preference and make sure you have one school on there that you are sure of getting. The head at BGS seems to think that the distances may go further this year, last year was certainly a sudden shock.
scary mum