burnham grammar school - OOC (7.9 Miles)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
scary mum

Re: burnham grammar school - OOC (7.9 Miles)

Post by scary mum »

Have you been to see these schools?
I still think you need to put a local school that you are sure of getting. If you are offered an undesirable school miles from where you live in March, you will have to accept it while on the waiting lists for others, with no guarantee that places will come up. If you turn down a school & then don't get a place off the waiting lists, your local authority has no oligation to find you another place.
scary mum
acool

Post by acool »

Agree Thinker - but I am in the similar situation with local good schools (we are little short of distance based on last years data) so there is uncertainty with local schools also.

When I checked the school in my catchment - Last year they did not get all the students they needed. So the worst to worst situation - if I don't get anything then highly likely council will offer me that school (my best guess - why should I waste one option for that school) so started searching again for third option.
acool

Post by acool »

So we have seen - Kendrick, Upton Court, Herschel, Langley and one local school (which we slightly away based on last year's data)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now