Results 2020. Do not post scores over 121 (see point 7)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

scary mum

Re: Do not post scores over 121. See point 7.

Post by scary mum »

sss123sss wrote:My DD has qualified. We're in OOC area.
Congratulations to your DD. Are you close enough to gain a place? I see from your other posts you were interested in Slough, Kendrick ,& HBS.
scary mum
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

SleepyHead wrote:out of interest what is it out of? what is the maximum score? Please PM me if preferred.
I don't know if that information has been given yet this year (I presume it isn't in the email?). It's a standardised score so strictly speaking it isn't "out of" anything as the score is relative to the other candidates & is standardised by age.
Edited to add: data from previous years can be found on the TBGS website. It looks as though the maximum last year was 168.
scary mum
new to all this

Post by new to all this »

Qualified.

An enormous thank you to this wonderful forum for 8 years of excellent advice on how to "DIY" my three children. With your invaluable help, number three has now qualified to go to grammar school like his sibs. Our long 11 plus journey is finally over.
I'm so grateful for the level headed approach outlined in how to DIY by Patricia and for all the tips and info on here.

Well done to every child for their hard work. Congrats to those who qualified. For those who may be starting a selection review/appeal journey, very best of luck.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

new to all this wrote:Qualified.

An enormous thank you to this wonderful forum for 8 years of excellent advice on how to "DIY" my three children. With your invaluable help, number three has now qualified to go to grammar school like his sibs. Our long 11 plus journey is finally over.
I'm so grateful for the level headed approach outlined in how to DIY by Patricia and for all the tips and info on here.

Well done to every child for their hard work. Congrats to those who qualified. For those who may be starting a selection review/appeal journey, very best of luck.
Congratulations to your DC, and thanks for your kind words. "Old timers" are always welcome to hang around and help out with advice. My last one took his 11 plus in 2011 & is now in his second year at university, but somehow I'm still here.
scary mum
a_mummy

Post by a_mummy »

My DS qualified.
A huge thank you to this forum for giving me lots of tips and advice to help me get both of my children through the 11+
Finally it is all over...phew!

Well done to all the children who have persevered during this difficult year....you are all winners.
zyxwv

Post by zyxwv »

Congratulations to all those who's DCs have qualified! :)

Sadly our DD missed out by only a few marks (she got 118.75 rounded down to 118) but I have spoken to the school who have said they will fully support a selection review. DD still wants to go to Grammar so we are going to give it a shot.

My DS qualified two years ago so this is the first time we have been through this - any tips greatly appreciated from those who have been through it before. I am also reading all the fantastic information at the top of this post!
Hels78

Post by Hels78 »

I posted on here 2 years ago when my DD1 just missed out on the qualifying score. We went through selection review and thanks to the advice and support on here (and from her school) she got through. I have been preparing for the last year to support DD2 through the same journey as I just couldn't gauge it, we got her results yesterday and she qualified! So I wanted to say thank you to everyone on here for supporting our journey and if I can help anyone who is about to start their selection review journey then I am happy to tell you our story and I hope you also get a successful outcome x
Deb70

Post by Deb70 »

We had a successful selection review two years ago on 118, it's a difficult process but please persevere if you were expecting your child to qualify and they didn't, especially if there are no good all ability schools available. I'm happy to help if I can.
zyxwv

Post by zyxwv »

Hels78 wrote:I posted on here 2 years ago when my DD1 just missed out on the qualifying score. We went through selection review and thanks to the advice and support on here (and from her school) she got through. I have been preparing for the last year to support DD2 through the same journey as I just couldn't gauge it, we got her results yesterday and she qualified! So I wanted to say thank you to everyone on here for supporting our journey and if I can help anyone who is about to start their selection review journey then I am happy to tell you our story and I hope you also get a successful outcome x

Thank you for your offer - I would love to hear your story, thank you :)
zyxwv

Post by zyxwv »

Deb70 wrote:We had a successful selection review two years ago on 118, it's a difficult process but please persevere if you were expecting your child to qualify and they didn't, especially if there are no good all ability schools available. I'm happy to help if I can.
Thank you - this is encouraging (although I accept that all cases are different) We do believe she should have passed and it seems the school do too so that's a good start at least!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now