Buckinghamshire allocations March 1st 2021

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
scary mum

Re: Buckinghamshire allocations March 1st 2021

Post by scary mum »

Tha allocations for April 1st are now on the Buckinghamshire site (link in first post of this thread)
scary mum
vjm

Post by vjm »

pn8572 wrote:
Da22 wrote:Hi,

DD is on waiting list 17 for Wycombe high? Any idea anyone of her chances to get in?

Thanks
The below link will give some more idea about march 1st allocations.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... _grammar_2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for your post ,really useful
Da22

Post by Da22 »

pn8572 wrote:
Da22 wrote:Hi,

DD is on waiting list 17 for Wycombe high? Any idea anyone of her chances to get in?

Thanks
The below link will give some more idea about march 1st allocations.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... _grammar_2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks.
vamirtha

Post by vamirtha »

We have not got any of our preferred 6 schools. I would like to consider other schools, can i ask to be waiting list of schools which are not on my list of preference?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

vamirtha wrote:We have not got any of our preferred 6 schools. I would like to consider other schools, can i ask to be waiting list of schools which are not on my list of preference?
Where do you live, and where are you hoping to apply?
The information for Bucks (for those who applied through Buckinghamshire) is on the website, for example here. There is also information about waiting lists here. The Buckinghamshire Council website really is very good and has lots of information available in a very clear format.
For other schools in other areas you will need to speak to the local council or the school (which area did you apply through?).
scary mum
vamirtha

Post by vamirtha »

we are in maidenhead. if i want to go waiting list for bucks ,slough and maidenhead it make it more than 6 schools.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

vamirtha wrote:we are in maidenhead. if i want to go waiting list for bucks ,slough and maidenhead it make it more than 6 schools.
I think you need to speak to Berkshire to see how to go about this, as you will have applied through them - different authorities do things in different ways. I don't think you will be able to stay on the waiting list for more than 6 schools (also see Bucks' information about changing preferences).
Have you been allocated a school?
I know it's too late this year, but for people reading this thread in the future, the advice is to always include one school on the CAF that you are absolutely sure of getting & will be reasonably happy with.
scary mum
Da22

Post by Da22 »

Just if anyone is interested, The Wycombe high waiting list has moved by 1, Becky high by 10. So not a lot of movement.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Da22 wrote:Just if anyone is interested, The Wycombe high waiting list has moved by 1, Becky high by 10. So not a lot of movement.
It doesn't necessarily mean that 1 person & 10 people respectively have been offered places (although of course they may have been) - in between allocations people can be added to & leave the waiting list so even if your position changes by 1 or 10 it doesn't really tell you.
People also seem to be being offered more than one place from waiting lists, so some of the recent places offered won't be taken.
scary mum
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now