Buckinghamshire allocations March 1st 2021

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
scary mum

Buckinghamshire allocations March 1st 2021

Post by scary mum »

I am setting up this thread in advance of the Buckinghamshire allocations next Monday.
You can find the allocations here on the Buckinghamshire Council website.

Please post any questions you may have on here, but please note - do not post scores if you are asking about the chances of getting in. In Bucks they are irrelevant over 121, but distance will be important. Any scores over 121 which are posted will be removed by moderators as it is simply boasting.

If you are wanting to appeal for a place, please start your own thread in Appeals as it will get lost in here. Please read all the information here as many of your questions may already have been answered.
It will help if you name your appeals thread "[Username's] appeal, Bucks".

Please also see the How to appeal for a Bucks GS place 2021 sticky, as well as Arrangements for appeals during the Covid-19 crisis.

Good luck everyone. Please be sensitive to others who may not have had the news they were hoping for.

April 1st update: the second round of allocations can be found here.
scary mum
Da22

Re: Buckinghamshire allocations March 1st 2021

Post by Da22 »

Hello,

Has anyone got any allocations for Wycombe High grammar school from Maidenhead?
They seem to have reduced the distance drastically this time.

Thanks
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I presume Maidenhead is out of catchment? The link above gives you the distances offered (I don't think WHS went out of catchment this year).
scary mum
Da22

Post by Da22 »

scary mum wrote:I presume Maidenhead is out of catchment? The link above gives you the distances offered (I don't think WHS went out of catchment this year).
Maidenhead is in the secondary catchment. It is on the school website as well.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

They offered in catchment to 6.755 miles, which would presumably cover some parts of Maidenhead but not others? How far away are you (as the crow flies)?
scary mum
Da22

Post by Da22 »

scary mum wrote:They offered in catchment to 6.755 miles, which would presumably cover some parts of Maidenhead but not others? How far away are you (as the crow flies)?
7.32, so about 0.5 out. I wonder if DD stands a chance in the next rounds. Do the distance goes out normally in other lists which come out in April-June? All around us are children who go to Wycombe. In fact the bus comes just around the house for WH and John H. Last year they had gone out quite a bit.

Thanks
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

There is usually some movement in subsequent rounds, but no-one knows how much. There is a tendancy for the distances offered to shrink year on year, although the popularity of different schools waxes & wanes. Nothing to be lost by staying on the waiting list.
scary mum
Da22

Post by Da22 »

scary mum wrote:There is usually some movement in subsequent rounds, but no-one knows how much. There is a tendancy for the distances offered to shrink year on year, although the popularity of different schools waxes & wanes. Nothing to be lost by staying on the waiting list.
Thanks, fingers crossed. If I accept the place for a state school that I have been offered at Berkshire will that impact the waiting list of the schools in Buckinghamshire? I am not sure if I should accept or not. At the same time don’t want DD to stay without being allocated to a school.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

You should always accept the place offered otherwise the local authority has fulfilled it's obligation to provide a school and doesn't need to offer you another one. Usually you automatically go on the waiting list for schools higher up on your list of preferences than the one offered, but please double check with Berkshire as I don't know how it works there.
(Btw grammar schools are state schools in exactly the same way as all other schools, they just select their pupils differently)
scary mum
kol

Post by kol »

Da22 wrote:Hello,

Has anyone got any allocations for Wycombe High grammar school from Maidenhead?
They seem to have reduced the distance drastically this time.

Thanks
Previous years everyone from my area got a place in WH
from my daughters school all girls who passed got a place ( They live above the A4)
except my daughter and we are 7.15
Another girl I know from another school also didnt get she is 7.02
Previous Years they went upto 9.6 and was sure we would get through
Fingers crossed the waiting list people get through
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now