Buckinghamshire allocations March 1st 2021

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
scary mum

Re: Buckinghamshire allocations March 1st 2021

Post by scary mum »

kol wrote:For your kid to be on waiting list for Wycombe High .Do you just have to mention that on Offer email that Maidenhead council sent or We have to inform Bucks council .. All is so confusing..
I would double check with Berkshire, who you applied through. Children in Bucks automatically go on the waiting list for schools higher up their preferences, but please double check that it is the same for Berkshire.
scary mum
felizefun

Post by felizefun »

What are the chances of a child (who passed the Bucks transfer test) getting into SWBGS on the second round, from 10 miles away (in Berkshire), please?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

felizefun wrote:What are the chances of a child (who passed the Bucks transfer test) getting into SWBGS on the second round, from 10 miles away (in Berkshire), please?
Non existent I'm afraid. Please see the past allocations here.
scary mum
felizefun

Post by felizefun »

Thank you, Scary mum.

It's just that I read on here that once (can't remember whether it was last year or not) SWBGS offered a place to a child 12 miles away. I'm not sure whether that was still in the Bucks county though. Does it matter that we are out of county as well as catchment?
felizefun

Post by felizefun »

Oops, sorry about the double post.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

felizefun wrote:Thank you, Scary mum.

It's just that I read on here that once (can't remember whether it was last year or not) SWBGS offered a place to a child 12 miles away. I'm not sure whether that was still in the Bucks county though. Does it matter that we are out of county as well as catchment?
Schools cannot restrict places to those living in the same LA.

The issue is that once places are allocated at any school, there are no guarantees that any of those allocated a place will turn the place down, also the exact geographic location / spread of those on the waiting list will be different each year. So one year, the next nearest person accepting a place may live miles further away, due to demographics, or the availability of places at another school, changes in the relative popularity of schools etc.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

felizefun wrote:Thank you, Scary mum.

Did you have a look at the allocations from previous years that I linked to? I haven't been through each year and it's not my local school but for as long as I can remember the distances for SWBGS have been very tight.
ETA, I've had a quick look at previous allocations. I can't find figures beyond March for 2017, 2018, or 2019 but this will give you an idea (bear in mind a priority area was introduced last year)
2020 entry: March 3.236 miles, April 3.250, no further offers
2019 entry: March 1.739 miles
2018 entry: March 3.367 miles
2017 entry: March 3.667 miles
scary mum
vamirtha

Post by vamirtha »

I would like to know if I can submit a change of preference for schools still? As we didn’t get any of our initial choices and its looking impossible to get through waiting list with some of the schools. Can I submit a request to change my preference to include us in the Slough schools( DD scored has scored above the cut off)
And if I can how do I do it? TIA
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

vamirtha wrote:I would like to know if I can submit a change of preference for schools still? As we didn’t get any of our initial choices and its looking impossible to get through waiting list with some of the schools. Can I submit a request to change my preference to include us in the Slough schools( DD scored has scored above the cut off)
Have look at the information given by your home LA. There is no universal way of doing this / if it is possible, so you need to go with the requirements of your home LA.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

vamirtha wrote:I would like to know if I can submit a change of preference for schools still? As we didn’t get any of our initial choices and its looking impossible to get through waiting list with some of the schools. Can I submit a request to change my preference to include us in the Slough schools( DD scored has scored above the cut off)
You should also check the allocations & admission criteria for Slough to see if you would expect you get a place from the waiting list (often simply scoring above the qualification score isn't enough). I'm not very familiar with the criteria for the Slough schools.
scary mum
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now