Buckinghamshire allocations March 1st 2021

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Da22

Re: Buckinghamshire allocations March 1st 2021

Post by Da22 »

kol wrote:
Da22 wrote:Hello,

Has anyone got any allocations for Wycombe High grammar school from Maidenhead?
They seem to have reduced the distance drastically this time.

Thanks
Previous years everyone from my area got a place in WH
from my daughters school all girls who passed got a place ( They live above the A4)
except my daughter and we are 7.15
Another girl I know from another school also didnt get she is 7.02
Previous Years they went upto 9.6 and was sure we would get through
Fingers crossed the waiting list people get through
I know they went upto 12 in the next lists. Are you saying, your daughter did not get it last year a space or this year?
kol

Post by kol »

This year she didnt get a place offered
Da22

Post by Da22 »

kol wrote:This year she didnt get a place offered
Fingers crossed then. Hope all our girls get the preferred the schools!
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

My children are in years 11 & 13 so we’re well out the other side of this but a few observations regarding the WHS allocations.

There looks to be a massive squeeze on places in the Marlow area with SWBGS only offering 2.8m in catchment and GMS 3.5m in catchment. SWBGS since my youngest child’s year (they are current year 11) has offered 3.2-3.4m and in my eldest child’s year (current year 13) offered to 6m. All of SWBGS’s catchment is also catchment for WHS so people being unable to get into SWBGS will have been offered WHS. The squeeze definitely seems around Marlow with the Challoners and Becky High both offering larger areas.

There is always hope on the waiting list and WHS has traditionally seen movement but there is no guarantee of course - SWBGS I know rarely offers in subsequent rounds.

Marlow school allocation is a problem and gets worse every year - there will be many local children not allocated GMS and given schools a great distance away.

Eta SWBGS, WHS and I think JHGS have made some tweaks to admissions policies to benefit Bucks children who live in the local villages who had previously been affected unfairly in allocations.
Da22

Post by Da22 »

Does anyone know, approximately how much of movement is there in bucks schools especially Wycombe high?

Thanks
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Da22 wrote:Does anyone know, approximately how much of movement is there in bucks schools especially Wycombe high?

Thanks
If you have a look here you can see the statistics for the last few years. Last year it went from 9.37 miles on March 1st to 12.562 by June, so quite a bit of movement.
For some reason the year before there is only the distance for March which was 7.406 miles. Presumably there was some movement after that.
I would say at your distance it was always borderline, particularly if there have been changes to the admissions criteria. It looks as though there is a good chance of movement though, so fingers crossed.
scary mum
Da22

Post by Da22 »

scary mum wrote:
Da22 wrote:Does anyone know, approximately how much of movement is there in bucks schools especially Wycombe high?

Thanks
If you have a look here you can see the statistics for the last few years. Last year it went from 9.37 miles on March 1st to 12.562 by June, so quite a bit of movement.
For some reason the year before there is only the distance for March which was 7.406 miles. Presumably there was some movement after that.
I would say at your distance it was always borderline, particularly if there have been changes to the admissions criteria. It looks as though there is a good chance of movement though, so fingers crossed.
Thanks. Although I wonder how 12 miles is borderline. Over the last quite a few years WH has always taken children from our area. This year a reduction of almost 50% is definitely surprising. As you said, hoping that things will change and the distance can be increased! Will post an update on the forum. Thanks everyone!
vamirtha

Post by vamirtha »

hi, does the second round of bucks allocation happen before the appeal deadline (27th March)
vjm

Post by vjm »

2nd round allocations are on 1st April
kol

Post by kol »

For your kid to be on waiting list for Wycombe High .Do you just have to mention that on Offer email that Maidenhead council sent or We have to inform Bucks council .. All is so confusing..
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now