Buckinghamshire allocations March 1st 2021

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tinkers

Re: Buckinghamshire allocations March 1st 2021

Post by Tinkers »

Historic allocations data for Slough are here.
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... =10&t=9313" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

scary mum wrote:
felizefun wrote:Thank you, Scary mum.

It's just that I read on here that once (can't remember whether it was last year or not) SWBGS offered a place to a child 12 miles away. I'm not sure whether that was still in the Bucks county though. Does it matter that we are out of county as well as catchment?
Did you have a look at the allocations from previous years that I linked to? I haven't been through each year and it's not my local school but for as long as I can remember the distances for SWBGS have been very tight.
ETA, I've had a quick look at previous allocations. I can't find figures beyond March for 2017, 2018, or 2019 but this will give you an idea (bear in mind a priority area was introduced last year)
2020 entry: March 3.236 miles, April 3.250, no further offers
2019 entry: March 1.739 miles
2018 entry: March 3.367 miles
2017 entry: March 3.667 miles
I have children in years 11 & 13 at SWBGS.

The year allocations went to 12 miles was for the school year which is currently year 12 - it was a weird anomaly which no one understood and was talked about much at the time. In my year 13’s year it went to 6 miles (so part of Henley) which had been the norm up till then.

For the 2016 entry (current year 11) it dropped to 3 miles where it has stayed until this year when it dropped further.

It’s worth noting 2 things.

1. For the current year 7 the school increased from 4 form entry to 5 form entry.
2. The admissions policy changed to give (I think) 20 places to some local villages which although previously in catchment had been disadvantaged by the fact that the distance allocation barely made it out of Marlow / Marlow Bottom.

Obviously nothing is a given but essentially the last school year SWBGS offered out of catchment was the current year 12 - 2015 entry.

OOC children previously joined in year 9 when the school added a fifth class but with the change in admissions policy to a 5 form entry from year 7 this leaves only the current year 8 which will have a year 9 entry.

The 6th form is large taking approximately 60 additional students in each year group.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Thanks for local insight kittymum, that's very useful.
scary mum
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

scary mum wrote:Thanks for local insight kittymum, that's very useful.
Thank you - although it’s many years since my children took the 11+ - my eldest being the first year of CEM after Bucks stopped using GL VR - and now they’ve changed again! This site was super useful and old habits are very hard to break so here I am :lol:
vamirtha

Post by vamirtha »

Anyone else like me waiting and hoping for second round of allocation before raising the appeal?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

vamirtha wrote:Anyone else like me waiting and hoping for second round of allocation before raising the appeal?
You don’t need to wait. If you get allocated later, you can withdraw your appeal.
Da22

Post by Da22 »

Hi,

DD is on waiting list 17 for Wycombe high? Any idea anyone of her chances to get in?

Thanks
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

As mentioned to you before, it's hard to say, but hopefully someone can tell you anecdotally what happened last year. If you are 7.3 miles away, that means that there are 16 other pupils on the list who live between 6.755 & 7.3 miles away, which is quite a large number. In order for movement at WHS, you also need movement for BHS (& possible DCHS), or people chosing independent schools - you will have more idea tomorrow when the distances are published.
scary mum
Da22

Post by Da22 »

scary mum wrote:As mentioned to you before, it's hard to say, but hopefully someone can tell you anecdotally what happened last year. If you are 7.3 miles away, that means that there are 16 other pupils on the list who live between 6.755 & 7.3 miles away, which is quite a large number. In order for movement at WHS, you also need movement for BHS (& possible DCHS), or people chosing independent schools - you will have more idea tomorrow when the distances are published.
Thanks that’s what I was aiming at. If people from last year had seen movement in waiting lists. Because the people I know all got it last year. We just need to decide whether to wait or accept Abbey! By the sounds of it, I am inclined towards Abbey.
pn8572

Post by pn8572 »

Da22 wrote:Hi,

DD is on waiting list 17 for Wycombe high? Any idea anyone of her chances to get in?

Thanks
The below link will give some more idea about march 1st allocations.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... _grammar_2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PP
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now