Successful selection reviews

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hermanmunster

Re: Successful selection reviews

Post by hermanmunster »

2021EnTrY wrote:Thanks ToadMum, Hermanmunster, ScaryMum for your replies.

I need to check how many students from a particular school applied for Selection review and how many were successful?

I need this information for the past few years for 2 schools and will try to email them, if not then I will use whatdotheyknow.com

I think we are a bit puzzled about the need for this information- are we missing something? What are you hoping to find from the numbers ?

The numbers will honestly be small and will probably vary year on year - the reviews are looking at a relatively small and very specific group of children, some schools may have none in any one year.
2021EnTrY

Post by 2021EnTrY »

hermanmunster wrote:
2021EnTrY wrote:Thanks ToadMum, Hermanmunster, ScaryMum for your replies.

I need to check how many students from a particular school applied for Selection review and how many were successful?

I need this information for the past few years for 2 schools and will try to email them, if not then I will use whatdotheyknow.com

I think we are a bit puzzled about the need for this information- are we missing something? What are you hoping to find from the numbers ?

The numbers will honestly be small and will probably vary year on year - the reviews are looking at a relatively small and very specific group of children, some schools may have none in any one year.
Extremely sorry for any confusion.

In 2012 my DD was in the same school and scored more than 121 in her 11 Plus exam and now 2021 is the year for my DS.

At that time %age was pupil scoring more 121 was more 50%+

In 2016 the pupil who got more than 121 was approx 48% (according to https://www.thebucksgrammarschools.org/ ... 8-stt-data" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) and now in the recent years the percentage has drastically dropped to 25%

In the above website I cant find any details for the number of pupils who applied for the Selection review and actual number of pupil who became eligible after the review as its shown as <5

I need the statistics for SR for that school for last couple of years (number of pupil applied for SR versus number of people who became eligible after SR) in case something goes wrong.

Also please can someone suggest what information one need to know for the child, from school before the result day, that can be helpful for the selection review process.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

the SR stats per school (well as much info as you will get) are on https://8f6eac0f-d266-4f1b-9e95-3d6a687 ... 94a33e.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

most show <5 as the numbers will be small. The percentage "pass" rate for 121 + SR for local and partner schools is approx 30%

re the selection review - this is from the Bucks site :
Some things for you to think about
Strong academic evidence will be vital to the success of a review.

The Selection Review Panel (SRP) will look for clear academic evidence to show that a grammar school would be best for your child.

The Panel will also want to see evidence of any exceptional reasons to show why your child did not do as well as expected in the Secondary Transfer Test.

We will give the SRP information about how your child performed in the Secondary Transfer Test. The Panel will be given your child's scores in the verbal, mathematical and non-verbal sections of the test as well as their STTS.
Also some advice about SR from our FAQ https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appea ... aneous#e32" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2021EnTrY

Post by 2021EnTrY »

Thanks @hermanmunster
Deb70

Post by Deb70 »

There's no correlation between selection review outcome and school, is there?!
If you found that, for example, a particular school had say 20 children who qualified via review last year, and the average was 15, what would that signify?
2021EnTrY

Post by 2021EnTrY »

Deb70 wrote:There's no correlation between selection review outcome and school, is there?!
If you found that, for example, a particular school had say 20 children who qualified via review last year, and the average was 15, what would that signify?
Thanks Deb70 for your reply.

You are right there is no correlation between the selection review outcome and the school.

I just the data of may pupils applied for the SR and how many were succesful in our DS school for the past few years.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now