Successful selection reviews

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mum411+

Successful selection reviews

Post by Mum411+ »

Can anyone let us know which scores were successful for 2021 entry?
vjm

Re: Successful selection reviews

Post by vjm »

I know a kid with a score 119 ,whose selection review was successful .
Mum411+

Post by Mum411+ »

Thanks for the information vjm. But I would like to know if any selection reviews that are successful between 111 and 117. Please let me know.
berksmum123

Post by berksmum123 »

I know about my daughter's friend who has a successful review with 116.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

I would like to know if any selection reviews that are successful between 111 and 117
I've not seen any figures for this year - but the answer is almost certainly Yes.
Every year there have been successful reviews with 117, 116, 115, 114, 113, 112, 111 (and lower)! :?
Etienne
Mum411+

Post by Mum411+ »

Thank you very much Etienne. Your information is very much appreciated.
tgettingit

Post by tgettingit »

Hi, I am reading this post and I am really confused about it. What does a selection review mean here?
What i know is, a score of 121 is required for qualification. Anyone a lower than that mark can go for appeal. Is someone whose appeal is successful deemed to have successful selection review? In that case the appeal this year hasn't finished.
Some clarity will really help please.
I am a parent who didn't get place in grammar school this year and looking for every help necessary.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

There is information about selection reviews here on the Buckinghamshire Council website. They are heard in February, so not relevant now. They are not relevant if your child scored over 121.
scary mum
Deb70

Post by Deb70 »

Selection review is a process that takes place before appeals.
Immediately after the test results are received, parents can apply to Bucks and apply for a Selection Review pack. It basically involves the child's school filling in forms with the child's junior school attainments and predicted SATs, and the parent saying why they think their child is academically suitable for grammar school even though they scored less than 121 in the transfer test.
This information has to be submitted by a deadline (I think early November) and the reviews are assessed by a panel who decide, based on the evidence submitted, if the child is suitable for grammar school.
The decisions of the selection reviews are sent to parents in early February and if a child is deemed qualified via this process they then become eligible to apply for all Bucks grammars. If a Bucks grammar has been named on the CAF then the child is considered in the first allocation round along with all other qualified children. If they meet the other admissions criteria ( distance, siblings etc) they may be offered a place on March 1st.
If they aren't deemed qualified via the selection review process then they can appeal.
But appeals can be for qualification and/or over subscription (child is qualified but not offered a place).
tgettingit

Post by tgettingit »

New piece of information. Thank you so much for being patient with me on this.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now