Historical allocations

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

WillowFae

Historical allocations

Post by WillowFae »

A few years ago when we were going through this with my eldest I remember seeing a table showing how far each grammar went out of catchment (if at all) going back a few years. Does anyone know of anything like this that still exists?

Also, I know there used to be a website that BCC used to work out how far an address was for allocation. Do they still use this and if so, anyone know the link?

Thanks
mitasol

Re: Historical allocations

Post by mitasol »

The most recent allocation profile is here https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/media/451654 ... -final.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Previous profiles
https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/services/edu ... tatistics/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

You can find the details for each year, going back a few years, on the Buckinghamshire County website - I'll add the link when I'm not on my phone. It's not all in one table though.
They use a particular tool to work out the distance - I can't remember what it is just now, but I'm sure someone else will. You can get a pretty good idea from Google maps.
Eta: cross posts with mitasol, thank you.
scary mum
mad?

Post by mad? »

Hi, you can find the historical allocations here.
As far as I am aware they use Address Base to calculate straight line distance. It is only available commercially as I understand it but there are some free sites around like this which are a good place to start.
eta cross posted with scarymum and Mitasol - what they said :)
mad?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now