Moving homes from out of county

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
scary mum

Re: Moving homes from out of county

Post by scary mum »

I think a lot of people think they will move, but when they realise the implications they don't. It's good that you are thinking about this now rather than at the last minute.
To be honest, if you have good schools near you I would stay put!
scary mum
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I agree putting all your eggs one one basket is not a good idea - there are lots of other schools out there and it might be worth looking a little more widely, don't underestimate the disruption and stress of trying to move in a short period of time
Nomiuk

Post by Nomiuk »

Couldn't agree more @scary mum and @hermanmunster

Unfortunately, no clear winners in local schools. But still not worth the risk and disruption of moving at this stage. Will just widen net and sit tight for now. Que sera.. :D
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

If you really don't have any good local schools and you're willing to move, you may be better off looking for really good comps that use distance as the criteria for admission and then moving as close as possible to the one you like best. That way you would have certainty over the school allocation and it would offset the disruption of the move. The problem with adding selective schools to the mix is that it's such a gamble.
Nomiuk

Post by Nomiuk »

streathammum wrote:If you really don't have any good local schools and you're willing to move, you may be better off looking for really good comps that use distance as the criteria for admission and then moving as close as possible to the one you like best. That way you would have certainty over the school allocation and it would offset the disruption of the move. The problem with adding selective schools to the mix is that it's such a gamble.
Yes, keeping things as simple as possible is what I'm aiming for! We're 'close enough' to a highly over-subscribed comp but definitely a starting point. Thanks for the input x
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now