OOC - do headteachers get notified of results?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Louey

OOC - do headteachers get notified of results?

Post by Louey »

Just thinking about this - we are OOC but will get a place via sibling link if he qualifies. I think I heard before that if you are in Bucks, the HT of the schools find out the results before the children do. Does anyone know if the same happens with OOC schools? We have been told that we will get our results "from" the 15th October so it may be later.
Deb70

Re: OOC - do headteachers get notified of results?

Post by Deb70 »

I think they do know beforehand, but it wouldn't make any difference because they won't tell parents. You can only find out when you receive your child's results. For out of county, it's by post but you usually get your letter on a Friday. That gives everyone the weekend to absorb the news. We planned a gift and a meal to reward them for their hard work, regardless of the result.
Louey

Post by Louey »

I think the issue this year is that because the OOC have taken the test on a different day to the Bucks children, the results might come later. The Bucks website says those taking the test after 9 September, the results "will be sent as soon as possible after 15 October 2021". The issue is that the open mornings for CGS are bookable on 15th, obviously to make sure that the people going have qualified (or are going to appeal). But we may not have our results then and I am concerned that all the slots will go. I thought if they hadn't come by the end of the school day on 15th I might be able to ask the HT if they were able to tell me (although I appreciate that I'm sure they don't want to be the ones giving the news if it is bad!)
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

They aren't allowed to tell you.
scary mum
Louey

Post by Louey »

In which case, I won't ask! Thanks
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now