Go to navigation
It is currently Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:23 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:39 pm 

Hi

Does anyone travelling from Watford to Dr Challoner's High School ? if so can please let me know how is journey?

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:16 pm 

Whereabouts in Watford are you? I imagine that will make a difference. And how far in a straight line distance from the school?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:34 pm 

9n March 1st this year, the allocation for DCHS was:

All applicants offered under rule 2 (catchment Pupil Premium), rule 3 (daughters of staff), rule 4{5} (catchment siblings) rule 4 (catchment), rule 5(sibling) and some allocation under rule 7 (distance) to 7.023 miles

Subsequent rounds of allocation seem only to have placed late applicants from higher criteria.

https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/services/education/school-admissions/admissions-policies-consultations-and-statistics/allocation-of-school-places/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:36 pm 

Quote:
Whereabouts in Watford are you? I imagine that will make a difference. And how far in a straight line distance from the school?

in google maps its showing 7.1 mile straight line distance.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:53 pm 

You are right on the edge (just outside by the sound of it) of the distance for last year & the year before. In 2019 the distance went to only 1.963 miles on March 1st.
If you can afford to use a place on your CAF go ahead, but I wouldn't bank on a place. There probably aren't many people to answer your query as traditionally the distance hasn't gone as far as that.
Just make sure you also have a school on your CAF that you are reasonably sure of getting.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:34 pm 

scary mum wrote:
You are right on the edge (just outside by the sound of it) of the distance for last year & the year before. In 2019 the distance went to only 1.963 miles on March 1st.
If you can afford to use a place on your CAF go ahead, but I wouldn't bank on a place. There probably aren't many people to answer your query as traditionally the distance hasn't gone as far as that.
Just make sure you also have a school on your CAF that you are reasonably sure of getting.

Sure, Thanks for all your advice.