Go to navigation
It is currently Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:19 pm
Posts: 62
Hi Everyone,

Please can someone tell me when the Primary school will receive the 11 plus result? As only 8 days left including today.

Parents will receive the email from the school or it will be from the Bucks county council?

Thanks in advance.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:26 pm
Posts: 8648
2021EnTrY wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Please can someone tell me when the Primary school will receive the 11 plus result? As only 8 days left including today.
Hi

Not 100% sure these days, but I seem to recall Bucks schools used to be notified about a week before parents. Probably something similar now.

Quote:
Parents will receive the email from the school or it will be from the Bucks county council?
From the council (Admissions).

_________________
Etienne


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:19 pm
Posts: 62
Etienne wrote:
2021EnTrY wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Please can someone tell me when the Primary school will receive the 11 plus result? As only 8 days left including today.
Hi

Not 100% sure these days, but I seem to recall Bucks schools used to be notified about a week before parents. Probably something similar now.

Quote:
Parents will receive the email from the school or it will be from the Bucks county council?
From the council (Admissions).


Thanks, Etienne for your reply.

Please if you don't mind, can you share the essential documents required, in case one need to go for the Selection Review.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:26 pm
Posts: 8648
2021EnTrY wrote:
Thanks, Etienne for your reply.
Please if you don't mind, can you share the essential documents required, in case one need to go for the Selection Review.
There will be an online form for the parent to complete if you wish to request a review.

Secondly there will be an online form for your Bucks primary headteacher to complete. Strictly speaking, it's optional (i.e. you don't have to submit it if you're not happy with it), but I would have thought the chances of a successful review without this sort of academic record - including strong headteacher support - could be somewhat limited.

There will be the option to upload additional documents, but in most cases the headteacher's form is likely to be all that is needed for evidence.

_________________
Etienne


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:19 pm
Posts: 62
Thanks again for your reply again, Sorry for bothering you again

My DS end of year report for Year 5 is as follows.
Speaking & Listening----GDS
Reading------------------GDS
Mathematics-------------GDS
Writing-------------------EXS

Just for my clarification as you have stated above

If we need to go through the Selection review route we need to fill an online form.

There is one form for the primary school headteacher which they need to fill in.
After filing in the form headteacher will hand over the form to us or will submit it directly?
What type of additional documents can be uploaded?
Are there any cases where the headteacher refuses to fill in the form or fill in, but don't write a supportive letter showing the actual position of the child?
Can the parents meet the Heat teacher before they fill in the form?

Sorry again for asking these questions.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:51 am
Posts: 10462
there is some info from Bucks CC about the selection review here https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/services/edu ... on-review/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:33 am
Posts: 66
Apparently, the results will be sent via email after 3.30pm


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:26 pm
Posts: 8648
2021EnTrY wrote:
My DS end of year report for Year 5 is as follows.
Speaking & Listening----GDS
Reading------------------GDS
Mathematics-------------GDS
Writing-------------------EXS
If you want to discuss the details of your individual case, it would be best to have your own review/appeals thread over on the Appeals forum as that is where we deal with individual cases.
For example, start a thread with the heading "2021EnTrY's review (Bucks)".

Very happy, though, to discuss general review procedure here on the Bucks forum.

Quote:
If we need to go through the Selection review route we need to fill an online form.
Yes.

Quote:
There is one form for the primary school headteacher which they need to fill in.
After filing in the form headteacher will hand over the form to us or will submit it directly?
I think they ceased using paper forms last year, so I expect everything is going to be online again this year. Wait for instructions about what to do.

Quote:
What type of additional documents can be uploaded?
School report, for example (but quite possibly superfluous if the head has already given all the academic evidence in the headteacher's review form.)
Perhaps evidence of extenuating circumstances (but I think what really matters is whether the headteacher's form confirms that the school was aware of any extenuating circumstances, and that they would have affected performance).

Quote:
Are there any cases where the headteacher refuses to fill in the form or fill in, but don't write a supportive letter showing the actual position of the child?
I doubt that any Bucks headteachers would refuse to complete a form if requested, but they might advise the parent that a grammar school placement would not be in the child's best interests, and they might indicate this on the form.

Quote:
Can the parents meet the Heat teacher before they fill in the form?
They should.
I imagine most primary heads will be very busy with appointments the week following the publication of results! They will tell parents what recommendation they sent to Admissions before the results were published.
See the Q&As on here for more about headteacher recommendations:
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appea ... laneous#e9

Quote:
Sorry again for asking these questions.
You're most welcome! :D

_________________
Etienne


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:45 pm
Posts: 136
Etienne - out of interest - do headteachers of OOC schools also send recommendations to Admissions before results come out? They obviously know which children have taken it because they have to sign a form which we take to the test.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:26 pm
Posts: 8648
Louey wrote:
Etienne - out of interest - do headteachers of OOC schools also send recommendations to Admissions before results come out? They obviously know which children have taken it because they have to sign a form which we take to the test.

Hi Louey

If an out of county school opts to become a Bucks partner school, then yes, it is treated in exactly the same way as a Bucks primary.

If it's a non-partner school, it didn't use to submit recommendations in advance of the results - but I don't know whether this has changed in the last year or two.

_________________
Etienne


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2021