Need Help filling CAF Form for Admissions in Sep2022

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Hazons

Need Help filling CAF Form for Admissions in Sep2022

Post by Hazons »

Hi

My daughter passed STTS for admissions in Grammar school for Sep2022 and we just moved to Buckinghamshire County a day ago for this. Whilst filling the CAF Form it asks for current prrimary school she is in that has not been allocated.We contacted the Bucks county for primary school allocation via web and it says it will take 10 days to get back to us after validating our move to the county ? I also have raised a query to Bucks council regarding inability to choose current school as she don't have any allocated yet and we can't choose the school she was in when we were in Berkshire, what should I do in this case ?
mad?

Re: Need Help filling CAF Form for Admissions in Sep2022

Post by mad? »

So your daughter is currently not attending school?
In this case I would suggest that you enter something like currently homeschooling whilst awaiting allocation of a place in a primary school. I would also contact the local primary schools, to alert them to your interest and also keen an eye not the current available places spreadsheet which you should find on the Bucks website. You might be able to expedite proceedings if you can see that there is a school with vacancies which you could apply for.
ETA - also I would wait until they get back to your what should we do query.
mad?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

If your daughter is still at her previous school, you should put that & update them when she moves. There must be the option for an out of county school to be added as people often cross county boundaries for school. Of course, if the school is some distance away it will raise concerns with Buckinghamshire Council regarding the move. Hopefully you have been able to provide all the other information such as disposing of your previous property & an appropriate length of tenancy on a new one?
scary mum
hopefully1

Post by hopefully1 »

Hazons wrote:Hi

My daughter passed STTS for admissions in Grammar school for Sep2022 and we just moved to Buckinghamshire County a day ago for this. Whilst filling the CAF Form it asks for current prrimary school she is in that has not been allocated.We contacted the Bucks county for primary school allocation via web and it says it will take 10 days to get back to us after validating our move to the county ? I also have raised a query to Bucks council regarding inability to choose current school as she don't have any allocated yet and we can't choose the school she was in when we were in Berkshire, what should I do in this case ?
Any luck with this? we stand on the same boat.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now