Address change evidence

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tech607

Address change evidence

Post by tech607 »

Hi All,

My DS passed 11+ and we moved into the Buckinghamshire catchment area on 22nd October.
We have received a query from the council asking us to submit an energy bill showing usage for the new property with the supply address as the new address.
I talked to my energy provider and they are saying, they won't be able to provide a usage bill until 22nd November.
Can anyone let me know how do I deal with this situation?

Thank you
hermanmunster

Re: Address change evidence

Post by hermanmunster »

have you explained to the council that the company can't provide one until you have been in the property for one month?

the council will want to see that bill is reasonable for the whole family living there so really this wouldn't be meaningful for at least a month
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

wait until the 22nd November, get the bill then submit it.
Explain to council you’ve only just moved in and the energy company take a month to give you the first bill. they should be okay with this, after all it is your genuine residence now.

Many people play the system in the way you have done, which is legal (live out of Bucks cachement, take the Bucks exam anyway, move right at the last minute into an area you weren’t previously living in, which will deprive a genuinely local child of a grammar school place, as your put of area child passing will result in two local children failing).

Over the years other people (not you) have pretended to move into cachement purely to get a school place: they are actively committing address fraud and don’t view this as unethical.
Or people claim to have moved before the deadlines but are still living in their old home.
So the councils are suspicious of such moves, and if you’re genuinely now resident you’ll just have to hope they accept your evidence when you can eventually provide it.

I hope you get it sorted, and that your DC enjoys their new school (and that any other DC you have cope well with the move). Bucks is a nice county to live in as I hope you will find too.
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

did you get this sorted out OP?