DCHS- Relocation Clarification

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Krish2022

DCHS- Relocation Clarification

Post by Krish2022 »

Hi
Due to personal reasons, we are planning to move out of Bucks. My DD in yr 8 likes to continue in the DCHS. I am unable to locate any information in the school admission policy regarding relocation criteria except for year 7.

Can anyone confirm if they have moved out of bucks post your DD's admission in yr 7 in DCHS? Any timescales they need to adhere before relocation?

Many thanks
K
Last edited by Krish2022 on Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hermanmunster

Re: DCHS- Relocation Clarification

Post by hermanmunster »

I presume it would be queried if you moved very early on in year 7 ie was the initial address genuine? As you are in year 8 then it is probably different - I don't think schools can have rules insisting people stay in a specific area.

However - seriously moving is a hassle and surely only worth it if moving a significant distance, would this be too far for your DD to reasonably commute?
Krish2022

Post by Krish2022 »

hermanmunster wrote:I presume it would be queried if you moved very early on in year 7 ie was the initial address genuine? As you are in year 8 then it is probably different - I don't think schools can have rules insisting people stay in a specific area.

However - seriously moving is a hassle and surely only worth it if moving a significant distance, would this be too far for your DD to reasonably commute?
Yes, all were genuine backed up by strong evidence. My concern is also the same but DD is keen on the school which may not be that close to our current place but is easily commutable.

Are there any explicit guidance regarding relocation criteria?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Krish2022 wrote:
hermanmunster wrote:I presume it would be queried if you moved very early on in year 7 ie was the initial address genuine? As you are in year 8 then it is probably different - I don't think schools can have rules insisting people stay in a specific area.

Yes, all were genuine backed up by strong evidence. My concern is also the same but DD is keen on the school which may not be that close to our current place but is easily commutable.

So you have already moved, I presume, as you say your "current place"? There is nothing in the admissions criteria to say you can't move once your DD is in the school. It might raise questions if you had moved shortly before applying (or shortly after starting) but as you had to be resident for 18 months beforehand I presume that was all ok.
scary mum
Krish2022

Post by Krish2022 »

scary mum wrote:
Krish2022 wrote:

So you have already moved, I presume, as you say your "current place"? There is nothing in the admissions criteria to say you can't move once your DD is in the school. It might raise questions if you had moved shortly before applying but as you had to be resident for 18 months beforehand I presume that was all ok.

I have been over 18months in the current place and was wondering if there are any policy document stating the same regarding relocation.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Krish2022 wrote: I have been over 18months in the current place and was wondering if there are any policy document stating the same regarding relocation.
You would have had to be 18 months in the area before your DD started year 7 and then she is in year 8 now so that would be nearly 3 years in total. I think you would have to ask the school / LEA about their policy on this - there is nothing in the admissions policy about it.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Sorry, I'm a bit confused. Have you already moved away from Bucks? That was my understanding from your post. Under the admissions criteria you should have been resident in Bucks from 18 months before admission to the school. Questions would only be asked if you moved fairly quickly after gaining admission. The best thing to do would be to ask the school or Buckinghamshire Council.
scary mum
Krish2022

Post by Krish2022 »

hermanmunster wrote:
Krish2022 wrote: I have been over 18months in the current place and was wondering if there are any policy document stating the same regarding relocation.
You would have had to be 18 months in the area before your DD started year 7 and then she is in year 8 now so that would be nearly 3 years in total. I think you would have to ask the school / LEA about their policy on this - there is nothing in the admissions policy about it.
We have been living more than 18mths, hence was trying to understand if anyone has made any such move to get their experience as it's not called out explicitly in the admission policy doc. I guess there should be no problem but wanted to check if there are any other documents available for reference, incase I missed out.
Krish2022

Post by Krish2022 »

scary mum wrote:Sorry, I'm a bit confused. Have you already moved away from Bucks? That was my understanding from your post. Under the admissions criteria you should have been resident in Bucks from 18 months before admission to the school. Questions would only be asked if you moved fairly quickly after gaining admission. The best thing to do would be to ask the school or Buckinghamshire Council.
Not yet, may need to due to work reasons. I have lived longer than the required timescale. I just wanted to know if anyone has moved to know their experience.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I'm sure plenty of people move in year 8 & beyond - just check with the school, they will be able to tell you straight away.
scary mum
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now